Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy and girl have idea to make a YouTube video of him holding encyclopedia and her shooting it and bullet stopping in the book.
Except it goes through the book and he dies. .50cal desert eagle and they never even tested it on a similar book. It was all to get a bunch of views on YouTube.

Ruiz held up the book — described by County Attorney James Brue as a hardcover encyclopedia — and Perez pulled the trigger on a .50-caliber Desert Eagle pistol, trying to see whether the bullet would go through, according to the criminal complaint.
. Imagine when we have 300,000 subscribers," Perez says during the video.

Ruiz replies, "I told them, the bigger we get, I'll be throwing parties."

One hour before their future unraveled Monday evening, Perez wrote on Facebook, "We are in the process of making Pedro a YouTube channel oh man is it going to be sweet! LOL." She added: "All the crazy stuff will [be] on his channel and mine. will be our family life!!!"

Soon after the shooting, Perez told a sheriff's deputy that it was Ruiz who had been pushing his idea for the video, which was recorded by one camera on the back of a parked vehicle and another on a ladder, according to the complaint. He had shown her another book that he had shot and the bullet didn't go all the way through, the charging document continued.

"Perez stated that she shot from about a foot away while [Ruiz] held the book to his chest," the complaint read.
Minnesota woman charged with fatally shooting boyfriend in failed YouTube video stunt | Star Tribune

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,586 Posts
Heard the story on 93x this morning. Talk about Darwin's Law .... good grief.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
this ain't that uncommon, back when I had my gun shop, I had many customer come in wanting yo buy body armor, so they could shoot each other
had two kids(early 20's) that thought it would be a fun game, and to ONLY use 22 rifles??
I had to explain to them most ALL 22 rifles will shoot a bullet thru a the average bullet proof vest! too fast and too small a bullet for most to capture and grab and NOT go thru a vest!

I was asked about thsi stuff a lot, and or overheard talks and had to TRY and explain how NOT such a great idea

not too long ago, there was guy online who THOUGHT his steel tip boots would stop a 45 cal slug from his handgun??
genius had to test his theory with foot in the boot, BYE bye toes??

way I see it, better them shooting them selves like, , than others! LOL

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
this ain't that uncommon, back when I had my gun shop, I had many customer come in wanting yo buy body armor, so they could shoot each other
had two kids(early 20's) that thought it would be a fun game, and to ONLY use 22 rifles??
I had to explain to them most ALL 22 rifles will shoot a bullet thru a the average bullet proof vest! too fast and too small a bullet for most to capture and grab and NOT go thru a vest!

I was asked about thsi stuff a lot, and or overheard talks and had to TRY and explain how NOT such a great idea

not too long ago, there was guy online who THOUGHT his steel tip boots would stop a 45 cal slug from his handgun??

YCFS

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Guess who gets to pay for Pedro's 2 kids AND his unmarried girlfriend now? Had the cash to buy a $1800 pistol, and the crazy expensive ammo. Well played:wall:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
No wonder guns have a bad reputation when you have idiots like this.
Don t get me wrong,,very tragic. But its very hard to have any compassion for these situations.:wall: What the f#[email protected]%ck were they thinking? Oh thats right they weren t...:m2c:

·
Premium Member
15,576 Posts
The year was 1956. We lived in Greenville, Pa. One day, the school had a pistol shooting exhibition in the Gymnasium. An Apache indian claimed to be the world's best pistol marksman using a single action Colt 45 revolver.

He shot into two 4x4 pieces of wood held on his helper's chest. They borrowed several kid's wallets to place between the two pieces of wood. The bullet went through the first piece, through the wallets and stopped halfway in the second piece.

I'll never forget that demo.:shocked:

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
It's a sad state of affairs when we have a society where people are actually that dumb. Maybe he should have used that encyclopedia to look up "darwin" before attempting to use it for a shield. Who the hell thinks using a book to stop a .50 from a foot away is a good idea? And these idiots had kids?...... Fantastic.

·
Registered
39,559 Posts

I have a dumb ass friend that once shot me in the foot through my heavy leather work boots. We had .22 cal. pistols using CB caps shooting mice in his chicken coop. He missed the mouse and hit me square in the toe, pellet went through the boot and hit my big toe breaking the skin. It hurt like hell. You'd be pretty surprised what a little .22 cb cap is capable of.

·
Super Moderator
36,394 Posts
I have a dumb ass friend that once shot me in the foot through my heavy leather work boots. We had .22 cal. pistols using CB caps shooting mice in his chicken coop. He missed the mouse and hit me square in the toe, pellet went through the boot and hit my big toe breaking the skin. It hurt like hell. You'd be pretty surprised what a little .22 cb cap is capable of.
I can't find the CB shorts any longer, I do have some CB longs though.

·
Registered
39,559 Posts
I can't find the CB shorts any longer, I do have some CB longs though.
I've still got some cb longs to. These were shorts. We use to fire the long's at squirrels... all it did if you hit one it'd really piss them off. They were very inaccurate.

·
Premium Member
33,213 Posts
proof that although you cannot fix stupid, you can shoot it.
weeding out of the stupid is a good thing. there is a reason you don't see stupid lions

1 - 20 of 29 Posts