Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m gonna bite the bullet and get the Precision EFI tune next week. A local race shop is now a dealer for them and I’ve spoken to someone else who got it and said it makes a big difference. I’ll post my results once I do some testing with it.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
What year sled ? So far my few miles (170 ish ) the 22 tuning
seems pretty nice. I might rather have a flash built off of 22 programming than a flash built off an older map.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
seems pretty nice. I might rather have a flash built off of 22 programming than a flash built off an older map.
The 22 map is identical to the 21 Matryx except for slight oil ratio changes.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Oh good to know. Interesting. Because my 20 was switched to the latest version which was rumored to be the 21 mapping. And the run quality still wasn’t what it is on my 22. Also the idle was lower compared to the 22. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying your not correct. I’m just saying that maybe that last version from factory that you could flash the 20s to wasnt the 21 mapping ? I don’t know. I know the run quality so far in my 22 is better than any version I’ve had in my 19 or 20.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Oh good to know. Interesting. Because my 20 was switched to the latest version which was rumored to be the 21 mapping. And the run quality still wasn’t what it is on my 22. Also the idle was lower compared to the 22. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying your not correct. I’m just saying that maybe that last version from factory that you could flash the 20s to wasnt the 21 mapping ? I don’t know. I know the run quality so far in my 22 is better than any version I’ve had in my 19 or 20.
I’ve compared all of the maps as far as looking at them. WOT 20-22 is nearly identical. 20 at low throttle is richer then 21 Axys, Matryx and 22. 21 Axys is leaner down low then 20 and does run cleaner. I’ve run these two maps back to back, I personally do not like how lean the 21 is down so I base my tunes off the 20 map but can easily switch it around if I want. I’m trying to remember but I think 21 Axys, Matryx and 22 are all very similar down low.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
This could be. But there is a byproduct somewhere in the tune. ( potentially something you can’t see with a torque link. Etc. that effects consistency and deration. Protection parameters opened up ? Idk. I know I can hear it and see it in field when trail ridding. The 22 is super consistent. So far.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
This could be. But there is a byproduct somewhere in the tune. ( potentially something you can’t see with a torque link. Etc. that effects consistency and deration. Protection parameters opened up ? Idk. I know I can hear it and see it in field when trail ridding. The 22 is super consistent. So far.
I can’t get my 850 to loose power. I believe the ones that do are over clutched for the conditions.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
My 22 has not lost power. I didn’t own a 21. But 20 and 19 I can get to derate with stock clutching trail ridding so I agree some heavy clutching would make those worse. My 22 hasnt missed a beat so far. Might be same for 21 idk. I haven’t had one to test with.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
My 22 has not lost power. I didn’t own a 21. But 20 and 19 I can get to derate with stock clutching trail ridding so I agree some heavy clutching would make those worse. My 22 hasnt missed a beat so far. Might be same for 21 idk. I haven’t had one to test with.
A while back when we were all discussing the power loss issue some guys have and some don’t i talked to Joey from BMP and the Polaris guy I know, there isn’t any mystery thing in the ecu. The harder you run these sleds with the stock tune the richer they get all because of the egt readings from the pipe. More heat equals more fuel. That’s it, nothing more. I tuned mine not to do that and it gains power the harder I run it. I’ve run higher EGT’s then most without any power loss.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would suspect a re-flash rewrites the whole program, unlike a piggyback system like a Power Commander which makes adjustments to the existing map.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Yes it does. But guys don’t completely rewrite the programming they tweak and tune on certain areas. So In therory if you had a factory program that was superior to others. And somebody tweaked on that it would potentially be better than one built off of a lesser map. At very least it would be easier as less to rework. Also correct the power commanders just just piggyback. “Flashing “ is def. a superior way to tune.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes it does. But guys don’t completely rewrite the programming they tweak and tune on certain areas. So In therory if you had a factory program that was superior to others. And somebody tweaked on that it would potentially be better than one built off of a lesser map. At very least it would be easier as less to rework. Also correct the power commanders just just piggyback. “Flashing “ is def. a superior way to tune.
Edited the post to mind my own business

cheers

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I would not give a red cent to hacks who are too lazy to do the job properly. There are surely credible tuners who don't cut corners.

P.S. Mind you, these guys are the same outstanding citizens who plagiarized the Barn of Parts shaft saver... 'nuff said.
There is absolutely no need to rewrite the entire map.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts