Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went for a ride with a bunch of guys from the Port perry area today but unfortunatly i only made it like 15 miles as my track as come apart and my double backers and studs CUT my heat exchanger in to two pieces. Sorry Guys!!!

Anyways now i need to get a new track and i am looking at the pre studded from camoplast has anyone tried one of these out before and if so do you like or dislike??

The current track i have is a X-Force by Kimpex 15x121 1.25 so i was looking at the ripsaw or i was also thinking about going 136" but dropping back down to a 1 inch... what do you guys think. Any help would be good help..

Thanks... time to head to the garage and start an extensive tear down...

Maybe that will happen tomorrow and today ill tackle this box o beer..

Later Kev

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts
I have 300mi on my ICE Ripper and I LOVE it......its kindov like half way between a studded track and non studded track

What I like is no top end loss, no rip thrus, no problems.....It does rip up the ice good

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wanted to go for the Ice Ripper, but I found them too expensive. Kimpex has a track that looks identical to the Ice Ripper, and it's pre studded. 121x15x1.25. I put it on my sled this year and it seems pretty good. I paid $400 shipped on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I put a 1" with 108 studs on my 136 Renegade and had damn near the same top end as a 121. Real happy with the choice.

I have to put a track shaft in it now due to a miniscule 0.625 run out from the big hit and I want a 1.25 Ice Ripper.

Cheers

·
Registered
527 Posts
next year im going to buy a 1.25" ice ripper for my edge. my friends dad has one on his indy 500 and it hooks up almost as good as my track which is a 1" with 200 studs

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kevchev wrot>>>what do you guys think. Any help would be good help..

wel I put a Ice riper on my 500 Indy, and it's the way to.

I will put one on my Fusion when I need to replace the track in the future.

No extra weight, no studs install, and it does the job to keeping the sled safe to ride on the trails.

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kev I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day.
For the way you like to ride I don't think a pre studded track is the way to go,
just take a look at your avtar I don't think you will be able to do that with a pre studded
track.

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put a traxtion one on my formula and it was great! Not having to drill the holes was a huge plus

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd consider a pre-studded track for myself but I'm a much less aggressive rider. I'd think 1.0 inch for my 136 inch would be good but can't speak for you! At least we got you back to the trailer without further drama! If you need help with that box of beer I hear Nutter is looking to escape chick flick hell!
:yelrotflmao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts