Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XCR 850 136
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's plans for getting their sleds ready for the season? I have a pretty easy prep this year with my 2020 Indy XC 850 while I wait for my 2022 to arrive.

- Adjust front A-Arm slop (I guess you can loosen the nuts on the bracket and somehow take some slop out??)
-Grease Skid
-Replace snow flap/bumper (Girlfriend smacked into me last year 馃槗)
-Change Chain case oil
-Clean Clutches
-Check Slides/Carbides

Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
And adjust track tension, belt deflection. Syphon out old fuel and add fresh. Check bogie wheel bearings. Check drive shaft bearing. Adjust chain tensioner.

Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XCR 850 136
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And adjust track tension, belt deflection. Syphon out old fuel and add fresh. Check bogie wheel bearings. Check drive shaft bearing. Adjust chain tensioner.
How do you check your driveshaft bearing, spin the track by hand and listen/feel? I also leave my tank completely full and stabilize the fuel before storing so I don't Syphon it out.

Registered
I'm fortunate I'm not the wrench in the family.
He says my shocks are fine. Might need slides. Adjust the belt, tighten the track. Check the idlers/bearings.

Re-index a few backers. Clean her again. I've got belt dust on the tunnel and side panel.

I know I need carbides for sure.
Clean the clutches. Check the belt. Maybe compression test her too?

Old sled I think it only had 300 miles put on it. When the trails are thin I take ole' stinky out.

My job is getting the gear cleaned. And packing all our stuff. I outfit the cabin to the nth degree. I just have to have all my spices, cooking oils, marinades, dry goods, freezer supplies...booze...

I'm going to bring my spare easel and work on a few pieces. Anyone need some original art? I can ship np. If so pm me and we'll swap emails.

Reactions: Guitarcher

Registered
I'm fortunate I'm not the wrench in the family.
He says my shocks are fine. Might need slides. Adjust the belt, tighten the track. Check the idlers/bearings.

Re-index a few backers. Clean her again. I've got belt dust on the tunnel and side panel.

I know I need carbides for sure.
Clean the clutches. Check the belt. Maybe compression test her too?

Old sled I think it only had 300 miles put on it. When the trails are thin I take ole' stinky out.

My job is getting the gear cleaned. And packing all our stuff. I outfit the cabin to the nth degree. I just have to have all my spices, cooking oils, marinades, dry goods, freezer supplies...booze...

I'm going to bring my spare easel and work on a few pieces. Anyone need some original art? I can ship np. If so pm me and we'll swap emails.
Make sure that belt dust isn鈥檛 a sign of jackshaft bearing failing. I have seen a few the riders didn鈥檛 even know bearing had failed. Generally don鈥檛 see a lot of belt dust these days so take a look.

Registered
Make sure that belt dust isn鈥檛 a sign of jackshaft bearing failing. I have seen a few the riders didn鈥檛 even know bearing had failed. Generally don鈥檛 see a lot of belt dust these days so take a look.
Duly noted! I'm pretty sure the man will check that too. Cause it's his problem to tow me and repair it LOL should something let loose.

It's always an adventure out there. We've had days where it's quiet on the trail, and then we either have a fail, get stuck, or come upon someone else who's got problems. Gotta roll with it, yes?馃槈

We almost always stop and help.

Registered
Good on you !!!! Too many people today do not have a consience. It's all about me kinda thing. I will not fly by stopped sleds. Thumbs up from them and we move on. But I have offered belts or tools etc In the past. We even carry spare fuel when riding. You never know.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Registered
We've rescued several over the decades. Like you if we get the "thumbs up" we keep going.

Registered
Yes - or this. Last ride of the season I noticed excessive belt dust. Found this on my pre-season check-up when going in to service the bearing. Had a broken torque stop tab, too - not sure what went first. On a 15,000 mile sled that I don't just putz on, though. All repaired, reinforced and stronger than new. Ready for more miles of smiles.
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design

Registered
Some of the "black" I also think is from my bibs. Maybe. My knees are way up on the cowl. Best strength I have is my hips and legs.
I'm taking the car today. So he'll have room for a sled. Said he's finishing the pool (have to blow out the lines and add antifreeze) and sleds are next.

Soon kids...鉂

Reactions: Go Bruins Go

Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
Yes - or this. Last ride of the season I noticed excessive belt dust. Found this on my pre-season check-up when going in to service the bearing. Had a broken torque stop tab, too - not sure what went first. On a 15,000 mile sled that I don't just putz on, though. All repaired, reinforced and stronger than new. Ready for more miles of smiles. View attachment 2123177
Those fasteners, gone/loosened concerns me. Did you look/check for a bent jackshaft?
Was it run with a damaged/dented or out of balance secondary clutch?

Registered
Yes - or this. Last ride of the season I noticed excessive belt dust. Found this on my pre-season check-up when going in to service the bearing. Had a broken torque stop tab, too - not sure what went first. On a 15,000 mile sled that I don't just putz on, though. All repaired, reinforced and stronger than new. Ready for more miles of smiles. View attachment 2123177
Those rivets are actually supposed to be screws. Did you buy it new?

Registered
Those rivets are actually supposed to be screws. Did you buy it new?
They were rivets in 2015. Went to screws and a backing plate later (2017ish??). Yeah, checked jackshaft and clutches. All looked good.

Reactions: Sledtuner360

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure Polaris came out with the service bulletin on that bracket because some were coming loose and failing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts