Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer is requesting full sled payment within 5 days of the sled arriving in it's crate, But is not going to have the sled ready for pickup.

I don't believe in paying for a something I'm not taking home right then.

Anyone else hear or experience of this?

Dealer says if I don't pay without picking up the sled I lose some Yamaha discount of like $200.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9 days once the sled is ready for pickup.....?

NOT 5 days from when the crate arrives at dealer......... regardless of whether it’s assembled?

Do you know where I can find on Yamaha's website the details?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by Xeena@Sep 12 2005, 10:58 AM
The dealer is requesting full sled payment within 5 days of the sled arriving in it's crate, But is not going to have the sled ready for pickup.

I don't believe in paying for a something I'm not taking home right then.

Anyone else hear or experience of this?

Dealer says if I don't pay without picking up the sled I lose some Yamaha discount of like $200.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=870824
[/quote]
by yamahas own guidelines you have to pay for it by 10-31-05 without any penalty.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
US dealers have 30 days from time of delivery at dealership to deliver to customer. Theres none of this 5 or 9 day stuff. I think your dealer is just jerking your chain.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I think so too.

Called Yamaha and they said there is no such thing.

Will keep you posted on how this pans out.

Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called Yamaha directly and they said there is no such discount.

The real story is that Yamaha has a program with the dealers that they get a discount if they the Dealer pays for the sleds in 5 days. It has nothing to do with the Yamaha spring order published for buyers.

Dealer is using this to pressure buyers to pay up without taking posession of their sled. Next year the dealer is going to write it into his contracts (ahh DOH).

Dealer is going to have sled ready today after a little push and shove he realized he's in the wrong.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by Xeena@Sep 13 2005, 09:47 AM
Called Yamaha directly and they said there is no such discount.

The real story is that Yamaha has a program with the dealers that they get a discount if they the Dealer pays for the sleds in 5 days.  It has nothing to do with the Yamaha spring order published for buyers.

Dealer is using this to pressure buyers to pay up without taking posession of their sled.  Next year the dealer is going to write it into his contracts (ahh DOH).

Dealer is going to have sled ready today after a little push and shove he realized he's in the wrong.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=872590
[/quote]
dealers have 10 days from invoice to deduct for a cash discount.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
When I spring order a sled I give them the required down payment and tell them to put in writing and sign it that the balance is due WHEN THE SLED IS READY FOR PICK UP if they insist it be paid by a certain date I tell them the sled better be ready by that date or they get no additional money until it is.
Who do these manufacturers and dealers think they are requiring you to pay for something that they don't have yet or is not ready to be picked up? If the payment date passes and your sled is not at the dealer yet or the dealer has not set up your sled don't pay for it. I would call your States Division of Consumer Affairs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts