Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll cut right to the chase here.....
While cleaning and servicing the sleds this weekend I ran into something on our F-5 that has never happened to me before....... A stuck Power Valve.... just one was stuck, the other slipped right out like it should..... well, after spraying some penetrating fluid and a couple hours of work I was able to get it out........ going to clean with Brake-Klene and a Scotchbrite pad.......

Now here's the problem...... I wasn't paying close enough attention and JUST realized the valves are directional.... one side has a taper to it the other side doesn't.... both the PTO and Mag side power valves are the same I just need to know what way they go back in...... I looked at Brownsleisureworld.com site already and that doesn't have enough detail nor the proper angle....
Anyone know what way it goes???
I can't believe I did such a stupid thing....... (must be old age)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Originally posted by catzr800@Oct 17 2005, 05:58 PM
I'll cut right to the chase here.....
  While cleaning and servicing the sleds this weekend I ran into something on our F-5 that has never happened to me before....... A stuck Power Valve.... just one was stuck, the other slipped right out like it should..... well, after spraying some penetrating fluid and a couple hours of work I was able to get it out........ going to clean with Brake-Klene and a Scotchbrite pad.......

Now here's the problem...... I wasn't paying close enough attention and JUST realized the valves are directional.... one side has a taper to it the other side doesn't.... both the PTO and Mag side power valves are the same I just need to know what way they go back in...... I looked at Brownsleisureworld.com site already and that doesn't have enough detail nor the proper angle....
Anyone know what way it goes???
I can't believe I did such a stupid thing....... (must be old age)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935761
[/quote]
The Wide Side Of knife Goes down :div20:

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you are unsure, take the y pipe off and look into the exhaust ports. Make sure the piston is below the por and look into the hole. When you do this, you will immediatly be able to tell which way the valves go. The shape of the valve should conform to the top of the piston with out hitting it.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info..... I am now all set..... :div20:
I HOPE the AMSOil doesn't stick the valve closed again.... :banghead:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
as long as you keep running that amsoil, you will keep having those problems, run apv, torco or klotz if you want to avoid stuck valve syndrom

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
and for cleaning them use gasket remover. works great!!!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 19 2005, 07:38 PM
as long as you keep running that amsoil, you will keep having those problems, run apv, torco or klotz if you want to avoid stuck valve syndrom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941581
[/quote]

WOW, in my 14,000+ miles I had on my ZR 800 I never had a stuck Powervalve...... We purchased this sled used...... I was going to make sure it runs on AMSOil from here on out....... Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why my ZR had such good luck running on it? :dunno:

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
what oil to use is an age old debate - what some guys love others will never use. just find a nice synthetic that you feel works for you and stick with it.
not that anyone really cares, but i run interceptor in all of my 2stroke toys with no problems...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts