Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in what has been a cold Vermont I have noticed that my F7 is somewhat stubborn to pull start on a 10F or less morning. So much for the old 2 pull EFI start. It actually takes 12 to 18 mini pulls to loosen up the motor to get 2 full, startable pulls. This is not a whine and I am not a whimp, just making an observation. :huh:
All in all a great sled with over 700 mi. and no problems yet. Knock on wood.
^_^

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Everytime I start mine in the cold it only takes two pulls. Granted I have to have a death grip on the handle and pull my guts out the first pull. The coldest I have experienced is 5 - 10 degrees F.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,045 Posts
A good idea is to pull over a couple of times with key off, lets the motor loosen up without flooding.
Last winter we had to pull the plugs on a 800 to loosen up because it was too stiff, then installed them to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yesterday morning it was -15F here and my F7 took about 8 or 9 pulls also, but once running was fine. EFI is great!

·
Registered
298 Posts
-25 saturday morning 3 pulls to start. if you don't add dry gas to your sled you will not ride on cold mornings. 3 f7's all had problems if dry gas was not added everytime we filled up.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
As I mentioned in another Post in -10 degree weather mine took 4 pulls to start...today it was the same thing to get it started and off my truck...a couple of mini pulls and then I actually try to start it...I have not put in dry gas in yet...I just make sure I fill the tank to the gills every time and before it sits overnight I always make sure it's filled up.

What brand of Dry Gas is every one using?

Blacksaber7, as I mentioned, didn't fill his tank the night before and he got porked until he brought his sled into thaw out and he did add dry gas too as far as I know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was up in Boulder, and it was cold!! I gave my hubby and brother in law a good chuckle. I went to warm up my sled, which I can usually do on my own, and fell back on my ass trying to pull it over. Hands slipped of the recoil handle. I didn't expect it to pull that hard! Have to brace myself a little stronger on cold mornings! LOL :p

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by doctor@Jan 19 2003, 12:53 PM
Here in what has been a cold Vermont I have noticed that my F7 is somewhat stubborn to pull start on a 10F or less morning. So much for the old 2 pull EFI start. It actually takes 12 to 18 mini pulls to loosen up the motor to get 2 full, startable pulls. This is not a whine and I am not a whimp, just making an observation. :huh:
All in all a great sled with over 700 mi. and no problems yet. Knock on wood.
^_^

WTF!! dude i live in a cold ass place.... currently -39C

i do 2 warm up pulls and then it starts on 3rd pull every time

·
Registered
743 Posts
I do like 2 or 3 slow pulls to free up the motor then 1 hard pull she starts right up, and I had my tank full to the top and still froze up on me had to pull the valve out and warm it up to get the ice off put in dry gas and it has been good to go, i was useing the high test but I think it has more water in it I think more people buy the 87 oct so it dont sit around and get water in it as much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts