Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you remove the power valves on a 2001 ZR600efi, I took the 4 nuts off, but still something is holding the valve from coming out completely!?!?

·
Registered
362 Posts
look inside ,there is a stop plate held on with 2 allen head bolts. you have to take those out before the assembly will slide out

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
3 allen heads, spray carb cleaner to loosen carbon so they pull out. Each cylinder has 2 valves that are split in half. They look like mini pistons. Be careful there isn't much holding them on, so dont drop them and get the order mixed up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Be sure you start the engine to let it warm up before you tear in to this project. I just did my 01 600ZR EFI and had the valves on one cylinder stuck. I had to take off the cylinders, head etc, to get at the valves from below to get them out. I had to beat them out and used a bunch of carb cleaner during the process. if your cables move the valves as it sits you should be OK. Buy a wire wheel to clean the valves. this will clean the valves to look like they are brand new. Be sure to check the cable length

check this web site (off-road.com) out for hints and ideas:
www.off-road.com/snowmobile/info/howto/exhaustvalves/clean/katexhaustvalves.htm

·
Registered
191 Posts
thanks for the info, just got the job done, one side came out ok, but the other side was a bitch!!! it was stuck big time! :angry: but after heating and one can of carb cleaner I got it out and cleaned...what a difference!!!! :lol: it feels like a new sled!
Thanks guys for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts