Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cn: I'v been looking for someone that can help me get some imfo on cleaning my power valves for my 99 yamaha sxr 600. Juat need to know how and what is needed for the job, just a little bogged down this year. Think there getting a little gumed up. Thanks, softaildrive.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Go to totallyamaha.com & look on the tech pages. It is all spelled out with pics. Sled should be a srx; not a sx-r.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Originally posted by softaildriveJH@Oct 18 2005, 07:18 AM
:cn:  I'v been looking for someone that can help me get some imfo on cleaning my power valves for my 99 yamaha sxr 600. Juat need to know how and what is needed for the job, just a little bogged down this year. Think there getting a little gumed up. Thanks, softaildrive.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937088
[/quote]

Do SXR's even have power valves??? my family has 3 of them and none of them have them...

any ways to clean your power vales you will need a wire brush, and ALOT of WD40, be real carful with the wire brush try not to scratch them, i use the wire brush just until i most of the carbon off then i use a rag, its a long prosses

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
That SX-600 has no valves. It's the same as any SX-700 just 100cc less. Now, if it's an SRX with three pipes from the factory then it does have valves and you can clean as per above. Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts