Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZR600 that has had a history of sticking valves. Last year I ran the Cat Oil and from what I understand, that is part of the problem. I switched to Spectro this year, had the cable update done, oil pump is set so I''m using a quart every 160-65 miles. I have noticed that when the sled is cold (has not been run in 12 hours) the valves move but they don''t "clink" back like everyone says they should. However, when the sled is hot (even if I just start it and let it run for 2-3 minutes) they "clink" back as easy as pie. Sled is running great (last year it wasn''t because a valve always seemed to be sticking). Is this difference between hot and cold "normal" or should I pull and clean them :wacko: . I have close to 400 miles on them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by .600-liter@Jan 13 2003, 04:23 PM
I have a ZR600 that has had a history of sticking valves. Last year I ran the Cat Oil and from what I understand, that is part of the problem. I switched to Spectro this year, had the cable update done, oil pump is set so I''m using a quart every 160-65 miles. I have noticed that when the sled is cold (has not been run in 12 hours) the valves move but they don''t "clink" back like everyone says they should. However, when the sled is hot (even if I just start it and let it run for 2-3 minutes) they "clink" back as easy as pie. Sled is running great (last year it wasn''t because a valve always seemed to be sticking). Is this difference between hot and cold "normal" or should I pull and clean them :wacko: . I have close to 400 miles on them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
leave em alone theyre fine...they will stick a little bit cold :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help :D .

·
Registered
80 Posts
What is this about a cable update? I have an 02 ZR 600 EFI. Was there supposed to be an update for that model? I am having an APV problem at the moment. Cleaned them and somthing still isnt right. Asked the dealer while dropping my F-7 off for updates if there was any updates for the ZR last year and he said no.

·
Registered
517 Posts
:angry: Leave them alone there fine? IF there is a problem with them sticking something is wrong weather its hot or cold. I had a ZRT 600 before my ZR 800 and a powervalve stuck. The sled running at a high RPM with one of the valves stuck shut is not good. Get it looked at.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i had a 01 zl600 and thad the sticky valve syndrome. amsoil synthetic and a leaner oil pump helped,but one cable poped out of the servo at 1600 miles(more sticking.)the 800's have a different shape to the valve and seem to do better.i would suggest periodic cleaning(its easy once you do it a couple of times)every 600 to 700 miles. the worst thing is going to long and not being able to remove them.its off with the cylinder then !!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts