Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time that I am trying to check the proper length and sync of power valve cables. I have the servo cover off and pulled metal clip near base of cables off which is what I thought was holding them on but now can't figure out how to get the nipple part of cable off the servo :banghead: Do I have to take that nut off the chrome part of servo to get it to turn so I have slack? Or what is the trick?
Also, as far as the length goes----I think I am looking for right around 1 and a half inch---correct??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pull the cables out of the bottom where you took the little spring retainer off, pull the cable up and slide the end (barrel) toward the bulkhead carefully, and the cable will slide out. You will have to do this to clean your valves easily also.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
The servo motor will turn, it may just feel hard. It will go without problem. Once you re-assemble, the servo will reset itself.As far as length, D&D (and others also) make a very simple tool that is made to the proper length. Cheap for the time it saves.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys----got it out
Was afraid to turn servo at first but it did turn with a little effort.
Also got the power valves out for cleaning.....they pulled right out and really are not very dirty for 1500 miles.
Will do a search, but what is best way to clean the groove in cylinder where the valves go in?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by bad brad@Aug 28 2005, 12:44 PM
also ,take note as to which cable was where because it does make a difference as they are different lenghts
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850727
[/quote]
If they are set right they should be identical in length.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts