Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed one of the APV's tonight to clean it. I started with the valve on the recoil side since it was easy to access. However, when I removed the 10mm bolts and pulled the valve out, I could hear a noise (most likely the servo motor moving). The cable had slack when the valve was removed. I could not easily get the cable to go back in. I am afraid to re-install the valve since the cable (wire part) appears to be bending inside the valve housing rather than recoiling back into the cable sleeve. What is the best solution for getting the valve back in and having the cable return to the normal position.

I hope this makes sence. I can clarify if needed.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Take the cover off the servo...remove the cables...install the valves...reinstall the cables turning the servo motor to take out the slack.

Next time remove the cables from servo before removing valves.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sean, how'd you make out? Usually if your carefull you can get them off w/o pulling too hard on the cable and can clean them up right there if there not really loaded up w/ carbon. Taking them off the servo is the way to go if there in bad shape. Did mine the other day w/o unhooking but they were pretty clean yet. Also easier too clean that way if you let the engine run first for a minute-dont let pipe get too hot or OUCH. If you streched the cables by pulling too hard you have to adjust them again. Do search here-someone gave good instructions and cable specs before. Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The valves were clean. They move up and down without a problem. I did check the cable length. They are a little stretched. They are about 1.6-1.7 inches long when pulled out. I think I may adjust them back into range tonight. Now that I have taken them apart, I understand how they work much better. I just hope I can get everything back the way it should be. I figure I have a couple of months to work on it before the snow starts flying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts