Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an idea of what a power breather would do to an engine in terms of jet sizes? If i put this thing on would it be like jetting down a size or two? Am i making any sence at all? :wacko:

·
Registered
41 Posts
A power breather will give u more air. Now if u have too much air and not enough fuel. ur engine will run lean. If it get too lean, u may burn the engine down. Now what you have to do is give the engine more fuel to compensate for more air, and u can do this by INCREASING your jet Size.
that is the basics.

Now to make things more difficult you need a lesson in outside temperature and how it affects air intake into an engine. the colder it is outside the more air that your engine will inhale. where do you ride and what are your sledding condition?

I put a power breather in my zr900 and because my temp in my area can hit minus 15 to minus 30 C, I jetted up one size from 430 to 440. on a cold day such as -15 C and colder i usually cover my power breather just to be safe.

I hope this helps

Boom Of Manitoulin

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hplar-Sounds like your on the right track its between 1 to 2 sizes. It changes depending on the temp because the breather takes in pre heated air from beneath the hood. Its a good deal put it on with stock jetting its like jetting down. If it gets cold put the caps on your back to stock no-muss no-fuss jet change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've used powerbreather on my last three Cats and never needed to jet up. If anything had to still jet down from stock. If temps dip down throw the caps on and your good to go with no doubts in the back of your mind.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If you are jetted jsut right. You will need to jet up a size or two.
I went up two. from 320 to a 340.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts