Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting my A Arms from my 2004 F7 Sno Pro EFI stripped and powdercoated. The guy who owned the machine before me never covered them properly while towing and they are covered in stone chips and rust already. Are there any shops in Manitoba that do decent work without charging a fortune? I have heard of guys in the states paying anywhere from $25-$150. :help:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
See Glen at Dudeck Motors in Tyndall (on Hwy 44). They also do thermal barrier and anti-friction piston coatings.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the posts, do you guys have any idea of what kind of price I can expect form these places? I don't want to waste anyones time if they are going to be too high.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
it would be best to call them ,First.they only carry so many colors,if they dont have your color,problem solved

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked a local body shop and the told me to try Monarch Industrial Coatings here in Steinbach. I gave them a call and they told me $95 minimum, I would have to have them sandblasted before I brought them in, and there would be a 3 week minimum wait.

To me that sounded kind of high, and they sounded way too busy to be bothered with a little job like this.

I haven't called around to other places yet, I can only make local calls from work.

Any other suggestions or people that can give me an idea of what this job should be worth?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have brought some snowmobile components to Pro Tech on dugald rd. and had them beautifully powdercoated in black for $60.00.. They were sandblasted clean before I brought them in to save some money, and they did an awsome job..

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If your just doing black, try central sandblasting on Gunn Rd. They'll blast them and powdercoat them. They do black all the time for me and are resonable. Not sure on other colors. Ask for Darrin.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Polaris_Dave@Oct 12 2005, 08:43 PM
See Glen at Dudeck Motors in Tyndall (on Hwy 44). They also do thermal barrier and anti-friction piston coatings.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925811
[/quote]

I contacted these guys and WOW are they EXPENSIVE. They told me minimum $300 + tax. Thats outrageous in my opinion. Will keep looking around.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Gentle_Ben@Oct 19 2005, 11:31 AM
I contacted these guys and WOW are they EXPENSIVE.  They told me minimum $300 + tax.  Thats outrageous in my opinion.  Will keep looking around.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940358
[/quote]

I emailed them to find out why they were priced so high, I wrote a nice email explaing that I was just curious what made their prices much more than others, and I got a kind of nasty email back saying that they do "show quality" work and that if I wanted some place cheaper to take it to one of the other shops that do "industrial" work.

The search continues...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by Gentle_Ben@Oct 21 2005, 04:17 PM
I emailed them to find out why they were priced so high, I wrote a nice email explaing that I was just curious what made their prices much more than others, and I got a kind of nasty email back saying that they do "show quality" work and that if I wanted some place cheaper to take it to one of the other shops that do "industrial" work.

The search continues...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=946109
[/quote]
It's too bad that we Canadians hear too much of this kind of Attitude.
And they wonder why Canadians spend so much $ in the USA!!!!!!!!!
From High Performance parts to even sleds now, and all you here is "wait till you need warranty". What a sad joke.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the bump, I still haven't decided on a shop. Its tough b/c I work during business hours during the week, so its hard to get ahold of these shops. I have emailed them all, but so far only the one has responded, and that was the dudeck motors place with the high prices and bad attitude.

G

·
Brian Rooney in dauphin does excellent work. He did my rails, control arms, pipes etc. Call Jeremy at Ashville Arctic Cat (548-2121) , he'll get Brian's # for ya, I dont have it right at the moment. Him and Phil Lazinski do it out of the shop north of Ochre. Good luck. Remember, if you're doping your spindles you can't dip em, they're aluminum. I burned the grease out an paint off with a tiger torch :Wow1:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by SnowBuzzard@Oct 27 2005, 08:04 PM
Brian Rooney in dauphin does excellent work. He did my rails, control arms, pipes etc. Call Jeremy at Ashville Arctic Cat (548-2121) , he'll get Brian's # for ya, I dont have it right at the moment. Him and Phil Lazinski do it out of the shop north of Ochre. Good luck. Remember, if you're doping your spindles you can't dip em, they're aluminum. I burned the grease out an paint off with a tiger torch :Wow1:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=961422
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I've know Jeremy for years, never thought to give him a call. Their family has a cabin at Childs Lake where I grew up. BTW what did you pay to have all that stuff powdercoated and which color did you go with?

G

·
Originally posted by SnowBuzzard@Oct 27 2005, 09:04 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=961422
[/quote]

Been to the cabin at Childs many times. anyway, I had the control arms and rails on the Tcat done in black, as well as all the rear suspension stuff. I had the pipes done in Ceramachrome, Brian polished them up. as far as cost I can't remember, just that it was a really good price, I think we traded some parts too or something like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts