Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always see people doing the powder turns where you get on one side of the sled and turn it really sharp. I was wondering how this is done... is there any special technique to it? I have always wanted to try it but i dont wanna break anything on my sled............. whats the worst that can happen just roll over my sled?

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Put both feet on one running board, lean to the same side and turn that way, then let your outside leg drag the snow a bit and open her up.
Fall off a few times, won't hurt a anything.

Just have fun trying.

-Duane

·
Registered
960 Posts
you wanna turn the skis the opposite direction you intend to go while countering with your weight and feet on the running board on the side you intend to turn toward. If you turn the skis as though you are trail riding (the direction you want the sled to turn) you will learn quckly that you have a problem with your technique!

(you see some nice powder and want to carve left, put both feet on the left board and lean left while turning the bars to the right) Good Luck! and where are you finding all this powder?

·
Registered
267 Posts
You don't have to have both feet on one side of your running board, you can just go about 15-20 and lean your whole body hard to one side, pin it and hang on. but i would start with both feet on one side first until you get used to it.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
You don't have to have both feet on one side of your running board, you can just go about 15-20 and lean your whole body hard to one side, pin it and hang on. but i would start with both feet on one side first until you get used to it.[/b]
it depends on the sled. on my attak i stand with both feet on one side and it goes wherever i want it. on my viper i need to tug it over real hard and hang one leg wayyy off the side.

·
Registered
267 Posts
it depends on the sled. on my attak i stand with both feet on one side and it goes wherever i want it. on my viper i need to tug it over real hard and hang one leg wayyy off the side.[/b]
yeah, thats because my arctic cat weighs about 150 pounds less than your yamaha. :beerchug:

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
yeah, thats because my arctic cat weighs about 150 pounds less than your yamaha. :beerchug:[/b]
ummm, reread it. my heaviest sled is the easiest one to carve. my lighest is my 03 pro x, which is easier than the viper, but harder than the attak. there goes your idea.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
All I need is deep snow, no legs off the side, no hanging off, a flip off the throtle and a little english and I'll be carving it up :smoke:

·
Registered
267 Posts
ummm, reread it. my heaviest sled is the easiest one to carve. my lighest is my 03 pro x, which is easier than the viper, but harder than the attak. there goes your idea.[/b]
i've got a better idea, my arctic cat probably carves better than all of your sleds :smilielol: just messing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.