Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The powder in the Porkies was absolutely insane on 1/1. There was easily 1.5 ft. or pure powder on top on the already deep snow. Check out the pics. Of course, by now(ie. today) the powder has all settled down, but man was it fun while it lasted. I was just out to this same area yesterday, and while it was settled and heavier, it was still fun. Enjoy:

Oh by the way: If you are looking to get up to the White Pine area check out the Mineral River Lodge. There is an at at the top of the page. As for the actual boondocking spot: that's a secret. LOL. It's in the Porkies, that's all I can say.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These 2 are from before the powder came, 12/31/07. Still some very deep snow then. Still fun.

Did anyone see my sled up in the Silver City/White Pine area this week? I was up there from 12/31 - 1/3/

·
Registered
123 Posts
These 2 are from before the powder came, 12/31/07. Still some very deep snow then. Still fun.

Did anyone see my sled up in the Silver City/White Pine area this week? I was up there from 12/31 - 1/3/[/b]

Hey Matt,

Didnt see you but I was there yesterday and shot some video of some powder riding. Lots of cool powder riding in the porkies, my buddy buried his touring yammie and we thought we screwed but fortunately a couple of guys just happened to go up the same trail we were on and helped us get out. Much appreciated whoever they were.

DS

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Matt,

Didnt see you but I was there yesterday and shot some video of some powder riding. Lots of cool powder riding in the porkies, my buddy buried his touring yammie and we thought we screwed but fortunately a couple of guys just happened to go up the same trail we were on and helped us get out. Much appreciated whoever they were.

DS[/b]
if anything in these pictures intrest's you then sign up for the next white pine ride we have a blast trails are groomed nightly and as you see we have a bunch of snow!!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I thought those powder sleds were supposed to run on top of the snow, not underneath it !!!! Just playin with you. Here's a couple of more pics from the Christmas week that i was up there. I rode with Matt a couple of days before i left as well. He rides the shit outta that Polaris.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i think the cap on the firecat pict should read
DAM RYAN I HOPE HE LETS ME FINISH THIS NAP
by the way nice picts both of you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts