Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to start trimming trails and placing signs. No one has showed up on Saturday mornings so I am not going to waste my time checking at the town hall unless some one e-mail saying they may help. I am planning to start Friday morning at 8:30 on main St. where the trail crosses. I have a few people who well help that day. I am working nights so I cannot call to try for help. If you want to help let talk on e-mail and plan a time.

The contractors I had lined up backed out because they are over booked. If anyone knows a local contractor with a medium size excavator who might do some work let me know. We do have funding. The main project I need done is the wet spot come of the lake. The contractor was lined up for this week after putting off from before Labor Day. Now he said no way he’s way over booked.

What has been done so far?
1. Side of Rt. 11 is 95% done. Looks Great
2. ½ mile of Corridor 22 going to Alton stumped and graded after logging.
3. ½ mile alt. Trail between Main Street and Brackett Road.
4. 3 mile Corridor 22 on Birch Hill leveled, widen, culverts installed and water bars cleaned.
5. 3 miles of Powdergreen trail leveled widen and water bars cleaned.
6. Cut trails before equipment work.
7. Mowed 20 miles of trail.
8. Winter Grooming grants applied for.

What’s left?
1. Lost ¼ mile of Corridor 22 going to Alton (new House found out today) needs reroute.
2. Reroute and fix wet area going into the den.
3. Finish Rt. 11 project.
4. ½ mile alt route by Carl Peaslee’s house.
5. Grade 3 miles devil’s den trail.
6. Cut 100 ft. of new trail on side of Rt.11
7. Start new trail from Rt. 11 to birch Hill
8. Place signs and brush existing trails. Who has an Atv or an off road truck and knows the trail system?
9. Send Groomer to Cook’s for once over.
10. Set up 500-gallon fuel tank for Groomer.
11. Repair old horse trailer to hold our saws, equipment and signs.

How much we get done is going to be determined by how much help we get.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am planning to start Friday morning at 8:30 on the den road where new trail goes to the lake I have a few people who well help that day. I am working nights so I cannot call to try for help. If you want to help let talk on e-mail and plan a time.

Can anyone work sat. or sun. on new trail to rt 11?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have some help and plan to work Friday on trail to rt. 11. No one has offered to help Sat. or Sun. yet so e-mail me and lets set a time if you want to help.

Boy the rain is hurting finish the trails work this year. The reroute needed going to Alton and the wet spot coming of the lake are on hold and may not happen. The new trail to Rt. 11 is moving slowly. Plus trail trimming and signing is on hold because we do not want to rut up the trails. If snow or freeze comes early may not have trail to Alton (22) or trail improvements on trail from the lake to the den. We already have done more trails work then ever before this year, hope to complete but who knows. As soon as it dries we will have to check for damage also.

The ATV club closed the trail in the den for now till they dry out some.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Keep up the good work. I have had one trail party where noone showed up, and two where two people showed up. Really need 5 or 6 to get some work done. We are redecking a bridge on Sat, hopefully someone shows up (other than me).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts