Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sitting here in the livingroom this morning, it is absolutely pouring rain in the white river junction area. this is sooo wrong....

i had $400 budgeted from my summer savings for snowmobile gas this winter. yesterday i threw it into my college budget. more money for books, and other stuff like that... :linemup: . this blows.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Blame it on El Nino and I heard it was supposed to last all winter. I saw an interview with a scientist from NOAA who said it was not global warming. It has happened in the past and will happen again. I've got a '06 $10K+ sled sitting in the trailer with only 300 miles on it. If this keeps up it'll be almost 3 years old by the time I get to put more miles on it. What can you do?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Yeah saw that on the NBC news last night. Bad news is they said El Nino was to last into early summer if I recall. And yes it cycles...but I wonder when a La Nina cycle is coming.. that is the one we need.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Were at 60 right now. Once the sun comes out, saying 65-70 here in Central CT.

But it does look colder, with some shots at snow next week, although it would be light.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got 60 right now in the shade on the cool side of the house here in southern Vt! I also bought a left over 05 and put on 33 miles riding around the field by my house last year and no miles this year. I would like to get back to Maine this year but I can't even get the break in miles on the sled! I did start it up the other day just needed to smell some blue smoke. Hope we get the cool down and some major snow storms soon or another winter will be shot. I have my old sled to sell but have not put an ad in the paper yet because no one is even looking with out any snow. We will all be able to get some great deals on sleds next year if this winter does not turn around some. Let's all go out to night and do the craziest snow dance you can come up with and maybe we can turn this winter around! :drunk: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
This blows hard!People are saying"Well we are saving a lot of money on heating costs".Well I would gladly pay the extra $2-300 for oil right now for 3 the feet of snow that we should have had by now.This is just killing the economy.As I drove by Cannon Mtn. last night and saw VERY little snow i even asked God what was he doing to us?To the seasonable jobs and businesses that are suffering what is probably a deathknell for them.You can't replace the income that has been lost.It ain't fucking right!

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
sitting here in the livingroom this morning, it is absolutely pouring rain in the white river junction area. this is sooo wrong....

i had $400 budgeted from my summer savings for snowmobile gas this winter. yesterday i threw it into my college budget. more money for books, and other stuff like that... :linemup: . this blows.[/b]
To bad we didn't get a chance to go for a ride before you threw in the towel. I do want to thank you for helping us at the trail work party.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts