Hardcore Sledder banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Skid plate install finished, stealth reflectors installed, loaded and ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Launch Edition 129"

Added some pictures with and without the tunnel bag and with the Medium windscreen, if anyone is looking to get an idea ofhow they look on the sled.

Installed the 7s display last Sunday - it was an easy install. If anyone is on the fence I'd recommend the upgrade, I am really looking forward to the GPS.

I have only had a chance to put on about 40 miles riding around the property, so I can't really comment on ride impressions. It does feel like its about 1,000 lbs lighter than the Yamaha Viper that has been retired to back-up sled duties.

P.T.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Is that the short window with the midheight windshield behind it??
All the Matryx sleds have about 4" of colored trim above the headlight at the base of the windshield.

Reactions: Mudgunner

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
All the Matryx sleds have about 4" of colored trim above the headlight at the base of the windshield.
You mean the same colored 4" piece that comes with handgaurds if you snowchecked? Curious as it looks as thought that stays there if you order a mid-height windshield? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
A SnowCheck sled with factory handguards, comes with the 4" colored trim piece. AS ALL MATRYX DO.

That Trim Pieces/Retainer IS the Same as the low windshield. They are the same piece.
Yes, I edited this, I was lost/wrong, but now I'm found.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Could somebody post a picture of a Matryx with the low windshield on it,
TIA

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Here is the "low windshield ". View attachment 2115729
Thank you.
Here's a closeup of my MY21 SBA 146 with red hood & windshield trim with a Tall Windshield.

I see no difference between the red trim on my sled and the low windshield in your picture.

Does your sled actually have a windshield mounted under the trim?

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Nope, it is actually like yours.
toddur,
Thank You for the quick reply.

I was thrown off by the different part numbers for the trim versus the Low Windshield.

Polaris did throw me a clue (which I missed). In the Body, Windshield assembly diagram in online parts, there are part numbers for Mid and Tall Windshields, but no part numbers for Low Windshields. Of course not, they already have Retainer-Windshield part numbers further down.

In accessories, the low Windshields have different part numbers (in the accessories range: 288...) and cost $50US

The Trim Pieces / Retainer-Windshield, cost $45 US

Part# for
Matryx sleds
Price $USDescription - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
___ From Polaris Accessories Book:
2884936-266$50Low Windshield, Black (same as trim retainer, no height above)
2884936-293$50Low Windshield, Indy Red
2884936-751$50Low Windshield, Polaris Blue
2884934$120Mid Windshield, Smoke. Center Top is 5.25" above glove box top
2884935$130Tall Windshield, Smoke. Center Top is 8.25" above glove box top
2885128$170Extra Tall Windshield, Clear. Center Top is 12.25" above glove box top
____ From Online Parts Book:
5456393-266$45RETAINER-WINDSHIELD IN-MLD BLK
5456393-293$45RETAINER-WINDSHIELD IN-MLD RED
5457063-751$45RETAINER-WINDSHIELD POLARIS BLUE
2638220$150Mid Windshield, Smoke (includes hood attaching parts for flare)
2638221$180Tall Windshield, Smoke (includes hood attaching parts for flare)

181 - 200 of 215 Posts