Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you got 2 days to post your problems with these sleds, i need names, number and address, this is all going to cat thanks

pics would be nice

·
Registered
363 Posts
What do you hope to accomplish here??

Every sled has its problems! Whether it be Cat,Doo,Pol or Yami. Sure the tunnels bending and Cat turning there head, Really Sucks!

But other that I don't see any other big problems! Or am I missing somthing :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
you got 2 days to post your problems with these sleds, i need names, number and address, this is all going to cat thanks

pics would be nice[/b]

What are you really trying to accomplish here? You don't even OWN one of these sleds, so why should you care? :dunno:

Listen...... you sound like a very eager kid, with a lot of energy and tons of questions and opinions but give it a rest. You are starting to piss people off! :frech32:

Here's a hint: READ MORE & POST LESS. :div20:

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you really trying to accomplish here? You don't even OWN one of these sleds, so why should you care? :dunno:
Listen...... you sound like a very eager kid, with a lot of energy and tons of questions and opinions but give it a rest. You are starting to piss people off! :frech32:
Here's a hint: READ MORE & POST LESS. :div20:[/b]
shut the f up, im trying to accomplish more than you, i am will be a proud owner of one of theses sleds on the fall of 07 want the problem taken care of now, if you dont have a problem with this sled, then leave. also every maker does have issues, but cat knew about this for 2 sled years and did nothing about it in 07. cat knows all about it, and cat has to know about other issues, such as hood not being painted fully, bare mold where graphics are

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go run around the block a time or two.[/b]
im ganna laugh my ass off when i get this right

·
Registered
299 Posts
Catboy, I have bought two crossfire within the last year one standard and one sno pro...
I put 500 miles on the standard and have yet to ride my sno pro but they are good machines, better than anything I have rode....Now I was a skidoo fan for five years and all the sleds have problems trust me my doo's had problems also and look at polaris they had a bomb with the fusion...I hope Arctic Cat does you right with your problems...But 99% of the sledders have not encountered your problems...

But on another note, good for you taking charge and get your warranty taken care of, I hope Cat stands behind their product.....

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
just think of this. how many crossfires did cat sell? how many owners are on this website? how many have actually bent their tunnels? not everyone who owns a sled is on this website. its like everything else; tires blow year to year no matter what companies do. shit happens. yes it sucks for who ever it happened to but seriously look at it. nothing is going to happen; one letter doesnt do anything. imagine how many letters were sent to gas companies last summer. nothing happened their. give it a break your wasting your time.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

How about #3 a $2 clamp popping off and dumping all my coolent so fast that I toast my motor too.

$50 bucks out of my pocket to get picked up on the trail. One night in a hotel $125. $800 bucks later from the dealer in Northbay back on the trail but with a bad motor.

Kicked the crap out of $1000 bucks.

Got home and my dealer did a re-build on warrenty and he payed the $1000 cost back to me. Cat care dose not cover hose clamps or the $50 pickup.
Now that is a dealer. I will be back to get another sled for sure. No worrys about the small cob webs new sleds have with a dealer like that.

Cheers Don.

Arcitc cat remember dealers will keep you in Business.

·
Registered
363 Posts

How about #3 a $2 clamp popping off and dumping all my coolent so fast that I toast my motor too.

$50 bucks out of my pocket to get picked up on the trail. One night in a hotel $125. $800 bucks later from the dealer in Northbay back on the trail but with a bad motor.

Kicked the crap out of $1000 bucks.

Got home and my dealer did a re-build on warrenty and he payed the $1000 cost back to me. Cat care dose not cover hose clamps or the $50 pickup.
Now that is a dealer. I will be back to get another sled for sure. No worrys about the small cob webs new sleds have with a dealer like that.

Cheers Don.

Arcitc cat remember dealers will keep you in Business.[/b]

I would have to say, you got a keeper of a dealer there :beerchug:

I have yet to find one!

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just think of this. how many crossfires did cat sell? how many owners are on this website? how many have actually bent their tunnels? not everyone who owns a sled is on this website. its like everything else; tires blow year to year no matter what companies do. shit happens. yes it sucks for who ever it happened to but seriously look at it. nothing is going to happen; one letter doesnt do anything. imagine how many letters were sent to gas companies last summer. nothing happened their. give it a break your wasting your time.[/b]
im doing more than just pissing and moneing about it, i am actaully trying to do something, cat knows about the tunnel issure for 2 years now and nothing has been done. it is time for them to hear it, i plan on buying a new 08, and i have threatend to drop them as a cat consumer

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
im doing more than just pissing and moneing about it, i am actaully trying to do something, cat knows about the tunnel issure for 2 years now and nothing has been done. it is time for them to hear it, i plan on buying a new 08, and i have threatend to drop them as a cat consumer[/b]

Well I'm sure your threat will get them just fricken worried to death!!! :div20: :div20:

·
Registered
36 Posts
im doing more than just pissing and moneing about it, i am actaully trying to do something, cat knows about the tunnel issure for 2 years now and nothing has been done. it is time for them to hear it, i plan on buying a new 08, and i have threatend to drop them as a cat consumer[/b]
they better fix it or they might go out of bussiness because they lost you give it a break kid you could buy 10 of the same sleds and out of those 10 most of them will run different you cant single it down to just 1 sled

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I would have to say, you got a keeper of a dealer there :beerchug:

I have yet to find one![/b]

I cann't remember the dealer in northbay there but great guy. Pushed two sleds aside and worked all night for me. You should have seen the sled. Fuel tank off, seat off, skid out. secondary out, DDrive out, pipe out, bar mount out.......wow. They are realy into the ice racing there. One lady had her track blow off at 135mph........wow can you say yard sale of parts.........

I have just a run of the mill hose clamp on there now and no gaurd. The clamps that are on there are goofy so they will fit under the cover. No cover no problem yet.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Not trying to piss on your parade, but the only way cat will listen is if you have an attny contact them or the BBB. And if you do send them a letter send it certefied with attn Chis Tomey I am not sure if that is how you spell the last name but he is or used to be the vice pres. And just see what happens

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not trying to piss on your parade, but the only way cat will listen is if you have an attny contact them or the BBB. And if you do send them a letter send it certefied with attn Chis Tomey I am not sure if that is how you spell the last name but he is or used to be the vice pres. And just see what happens[/b]
oh, i know im not going to be the one to influence the recall, i know the bbb, attny or alot of us have to send in pics and letter in order to do so.
this letter will be going out thursday or firday this week !!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I cann't remember the dealer in northbay there but great guy. Pushed two sleds aside and worked all night for me. You should have seen the sled. Fuel tank off, seat off, skid out. secondary out, DDrive out, pipe out, bar mount out.......wow. They are realy into the ice racing there. One lady had her track blow off at 135mph........wow can you say yard sale of parts.........

I have just a run of the mill hose clamp on there now and no gaurd. The clamps that are on there are goofy so they will fit under the cover. No cover no problem yet.[/b]

The dealer is Carlson Sports. You probably dealt with Dan Carlson.

·
Registered
56 Posts

You are threatening to drop them as a consumer... As of right now that will mean nothing to them as you are not costing them any money. You have not spent any money as a Cat consumer so threatening them with the idea of going to another brand is not going to bother them. I understand what you are trying to do, if YOU had a sled with a problem it would carry some weight but you don't at this time. Yes you have said repeatedly that you will be buying one in the future and would like to not have to deal with this "problem" that you feel Cat has ignored. If you feel that Cat is not standing behind their product to your satisfaction then I would suggest you find a differant brand to support. I have never owned anything but Cat sleds and will continue to purchase them until the day comes that they do not support me. I have ridden other brands, seen problems with each differant model and have come to the conclusion that Cat takes care of their consumers as well as any other brand. A lot of the problems stem with the individual dealer not the manufacture. What your dealer will not take care of, mine may with no questions asked. IF you were to have a specific issue with your sled (which you dont have) and did not recieve the service you felt you should with the dealer it is your right to speak with the district manager. If at that point you still do not get what you are looking for you have two choices, deal with what you have or go to a differant brand and try your luck. I would suggest that you spend some of the time and effort that you have put into this crusade on finding a sled that does not have the problems you have mentioned and will fit your needs as a future owner and make the purchase. If it is not a Cat brand, so be it. This is not a slam on you personally but just a suggestion as it seems you are spending a lot of time trying to fix what you see as a problem that, #1 does not affect you and #2 Cat does not see as a wide spread problem. It is good to stand up for what you belive but there is also a time when you need to understand you are fighting against something you can not win. The worst part about this whole deal is that instead of bringing the rest of the members of this site together with you, you are turning them against you as you are getting under their skin with your constant additude of how you are the only one that really knows what is going on with each and every sled on the market. You can take this advice or you can continue on the path you are on but I am pretty sure that you will find in the end that will not get the satisfaction you are looking for after all of your efforts.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are threatening to drop them as a consumer... As of right now that will mean nothing to them as you are not costing them any money. You have not spent any money as a Cat consumer so threatening them with the idea of going to another brand is not going to bother them. I understand what you are trying to do, if YOU had a sled with a problem it would carry some weight but you don't at this time. Yes you have said repeatedly that you will be buying one in the future and would like to not have to deal with this "problem" that you feel Cat has ignored. If you feel that Cat is not standing behind their product to your satisfaction then I would suggest you find a differant brand to support. I have never owned anything but Cat sleds and will continue to purchase them until the day comes that they do not support me. I have ridden other brands, seen problems with each differant model and have come to the conclusion that Cat takes care of their consumers as well as any other brand. A lot of the problems stem with the individual dealer not the manufacture. What your dealer will not take care of, mine may with no questions asked. IF you were to have a specific issue with your sled (which you dont have) and did not recieve the service you felt you should with the dealer it is your right to speak with the district manager. If at that point you still do not get what you are looking for you have two choices, deal with what you have or go to a differant brand and try your luck. I would suggest that you spend some of the time and effort that you have put into this crusade on finding a sled that does not have the problems you have mentioned and will fit your needs as a future owner and make the purchase. If it is not a Cat brand, so be it. This is not a slam on you personally but just a suggestion as it seems you are spending a lot of time trying to fix what you see as a problem that, #1 does not affect you and #2 Cat does not see as a wide spread problem. It is good to stand up for what you belive but there is also a time when you need to understand you are fighting against something you can not win. The worst part about this whole deal is that instead of bringing the rest of the members of this site together with you, you are turning them against you as you are getting under their skin with your constant additude of how you are the only one that really knows what is going on with each and every sled on the market. You can take this advice or you can continue on the path you are on but I am pretty sure that you will find in the end that will not get the satisfaction you are looking for after all of your efforts.[/b]
ok, now name when i was talking about other sleds, and saying i know all about them, i only did that with, exspecially the xfire. My dealer is a big influence on arctic-cat if i go to them and complain, something should happen. and about me dropping them, that means at the age of 15, i could by maybe 4 more sleds throught my life just for myslef. plus wife and kids sled in the future.... it would be alot of sleds they wouldnt sell... im not really going to drop cat, i just want them to see it can happen. I will stay with cat untill i die or they go out of bizz. im not bashing cat. and nor am i bashing you i will just say this to everyone on here. think about, if you knew water in your basement is leaking for 2 years and wont do anything about, think about the damage. Same with cat they know about the issue and will not fix, why we dunno. so i am trying to do my best. because i am planning on buying one in the next year. Im the type of person who will get under your skin and then back off and go for, thats just me, but if you really knew me it would be differnt. I am the type of person that if you bitch about ya got to do something about it. like some people on here saying wtf are you doing bla bla bla, im am bitching about but still doing something about unlike so people. i never knew somebody like me trying to do something of it can get bitch at about, why cant ya agree with me, get together here and get it done. the reason why it seems like im turing agaist them is because they turn against me. and for you who have crossfires that didnt have your tunnels bend yet, try to put yourself where some of they guys are now with the bbb and attorny's im sure you would be pissed about it too. What im trying to really make this letter about is the bent tunnels on the crossfire, a little bit on hoods not being finsished and so on, also the cheap plastic on the f-series and that about it. so if we can get together and make something out about this the better off we are, you give me respect i give you respect thats how it works in my mind and im hoping many others. i think most of the problem is that you think kids at the age of 15 dont know shit, and i bust up alot of post such as the post your crossfire and others but thats who i am, so can i ask if we can start over and try to become firends for the love of god.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.