Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 2002 ZR 500 and i would like info and/or pics

Info: Looking for opinions,problems,etc.

Pics: Any pics are good jus wanna see how it looks

All the help would be appreicated

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
I am buying a 2002 ZR 500 and i would like info and/or pics

Info: Looking for opinions,problems,etc.

Pics: Any pics are good jus wanna see how it looks

All the help would be appreicated[/b]

Fantastic sled except for................VALVES TAKING OUT PISTONS / RUINING CYLINDERS.
IMHO, look for either a 600 or jump to an 800. Seems to be no real cure for the issue beyond very frequent replacement of the valve retaining pins and to a lesser degree, the valves themselves.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
my 99 zr 500, the only problem is that the paint on the tunnel flakes off on this model, in the pics you can see that i took it off, stock is black. Other than that the sled is flawless.
[attachment=278469:p1010091_2.JPG][attachment=278470:p1010092_2.JPG]

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
my 99 zr 500, the only problem is that the paint on the tunnel flakes off on this model, in the pics you can see that i took it off, stock is black. Other than that the sled is flawless.
[attachment=278469:p1010091_2.JPG][attachment=278470:p1010092_2.JPG][/b]

Paint flaking off,, :dunno: mine had the painted tunnel also,,Still looked bran new when I traded,,In fact the dealer asked if I painted it,,R2R

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here is a pic of my old one. Pretty good sled. I think one of the best looking sleds ever. The only problems were: Gas tank neck cracked where it hooked to the tank itself. Scarfed up a piston a few years ago. (there is a ton of reasons, dont really know why) Prolly the biggest reason i wanted to get rid of it was because MINE didnt run very well once the actual temperature outside got around 30 degrees. Other than that, i've rode quite a few other sleds and this is one of the best riding and handling sleds ever......IMO

oh yeah...not saying it has never happened, but im not familiar with the valves taking out the pistons. i took mine out on a regular basis to clean them...Once i got away from the AC synthetic oil and started running Amsoil, it took a lot of the smoke and the gumming up of the APV's away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.