Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post pics of your IQ Shifts! Post those nice looking shifts... I love the way they look and feel when you sit on one they are awesome looking too. If you got videos or have things you would like to say about your shifts just post them up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've put about 500 miles on mine so far this year. Excellent handling, comfortable, fast trail sled. It definitely owns the 600 class(price and power) and will play with 7's and 8's all day long.
So far I had to replace the front shock. I came off the crest of a hill and the left ski actually landed on top of a hidden rock. My fault but I don't think the shock should have broke.
My sled also wouldn't idle and had some hesitation and was running a litlle lean on the clutch side. The airbox was full of ice right to the carbs. I ended up cleaning out the airbox and cleaning the carbs end to end. I also richened it up on the mains. She runs decent now and the plugs are great.
My speedo cable also broke at 320 miles.
If I were to buy one again I would get a more aggressive track, a thumbwarmer, and rear idler wheels before I even left the showroom. If you are in the market and aren't brand specific the new SkiDoo TNT is very promising for the price too. They claim 105 h.p. but are dynoing at 114 +. The IQ Shift will outrun it in a straight line but will suffer in the rough stuff. It wouldn't take much to turn the TNT into a Shift eater. But you could also make the Shift even faster too.
All in all I have no regrets on the sled. :rockernana:

·
Registered
416 Posts
The IQ Shift will outrun it in a straight line but will suffer in the rough stuff.[/b]
I can't say I agree with the second part of that statement and neither do the mags according to the reviews I've read. Granted, I haven't ridden the TNT but have lots of seat time on the original Rev with the same shocks and both the Doo and the IQ are rock solid in the rough stuff. The IQ corners better than the Rev, not sure about the XP. I am thoroughly impressed with the Shift. I agree with your assessment of the oem track. I just picked up a Kimpex Shotgun 1.25 (hey, it was cheap!) that I'll have on by the weekend. Can't wait to ride it with a track that actually hooks up! The stock one breaks free quite easily with a burp of the throttle at pretty much any speed...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't say I agree with the second part of that statement and neither do the mags according to the reviews I've read. Granted, I haven't ridden the TNT but have lots of seat time on the original Rev with the same shocks and both the Doo and the IQ are rock solid in the rough stuff. The IQ corners better than the Rev, not sure about the XP. I am thoroughly impressed with the Shift. I agree with your assessment of the oem track. I just picked up a Kimpex Shotgun 1.25 (hey, it was cheap!) that I'll have on by the weekend. Can't wait to ride it with a track that actually hooks up! The stock one breaks free quite easily with a burp of the throttle at pretty much any speed...[/b]
The IQ Shift may not suffer, but from the mag reviews the Shift won't handle the roughs near what the TNT can. But I also haven't ridden a Doo Doo so take that with a grain of salt.

What did you pay for the track? I am seriously looking for something more aggressive.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What did you pay for the track? I am seriously looking for something more aggressive.[/b]
$300 plus tax - used my $300 in accessory cash. I think I'll be installing the track tomorrow and taking it out for a putt. I'll post a review. FYI, Tracksusa has Ripsaws clipped every 3rd for $329 plus shipping. My dealer just happened to have the Shotgun in stock and was willing to make me a deal. Otherwise I probably would have gone with an Iceripper - had that on my Rev and loved it!

Sorry braap, I think we hijacked your thread - back to the pics! (btw, I'm leaving mine black. I like the Johnny Cash look...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts