Hardcore Sledder banner

101 - 120 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
These are the 26 highest-quality cars, trucks, SUVs of 2020, according to J.D. Power

The 34th annual survey, conducted from February through May, assessed the performance of 2020 model-year vehicles within 90 days after they were sold. It included 223 questions and 87,272 vehicles.

Here's how the J.D. Power IQS study scored the major brands (problems per 100 vehicles):

Dodge (136)

Kia (136)

Chevrolet (141)

Ram (141)

Genesis (142)

Mitsubishi (148)

Buick (150)

GMC (151)

Volkswagen (152)

Hyundai (153)

Jeep (155)

Lexus (159)

Nissan (161)

Cadillac (162)

Infiniti (173)

Ford (174)

Mini (174)

BMW (176)

Honda (177)

Toyota (177)

Lincoln (182)

Mazda (184)

Acura (185)

Porsche (186)

Subaru (187)

Chrysler (189)

Jaguar (190)

Mercedes-Benz (202)

Volvo (210)

Audi (225)

Land Rover (228)

Tesla (250)

·
Insane Madcatter
06 F7 EFI / 00 MXZ 600
126 Posts
I had found some article from a pretty reputable place a few years ago, and it was about the top 10 best 1/2 and 3/4 trucks over the past 15 years ranked by reliability, and Dodge was so bad it didn't make the list...not even once, for either model. Lots of tranny, build quality and electrical issues.
This admittingly, was about 2017 or 18, when I bought my 16 Elevation. Not sure if this is the case anymore with the 19s/20's, but they so seem cheaper to buy, both used and new.
I like Dodge, not trying to throw barns at them, owned a few myself but in Upstate NY, they're about 5%-15% cheaper on resale, trade-in and overall value, and they rust out quicker then a fucker.

I've always like the 2500 with the 392, and the Rebel/Warlock.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,758 Posts
Ram hands down has the nicest interiors now (MY19 +). I'll give the nod to Ford for exterior styling. Chevy/GM are just plain fugly... I'd still go with the Ford for quality. I have a ecoboost in my Flex Limited and have zero problems in 60k miles. My son had a 14 SHO that he had Livernois Performance work on to the tune of 500 whp. Never an issue. So if you are looking to mod the engine, then it's the 3.5L ecoboost for sure.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
I went from a 4.7 v8 tundra that averaged 15 mpg for a mix of driving to one these high revving v6 3.5 motors in roughly the same weight vehicle being a taco. Yes the v6 will blow the doors off my older tundra v8, and get 23 mpg, but that old v8 tundra still ran great at nearly 400k miles till i sold it with simple maintenance. I'm still having reservations this v6 is suppose to be as good as everyone claims.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well I did it. 2019 lariat in gun metal grey with the 3.5 EB. Get it friday. Last 19 they had and discounted 20k off sticker. Unfortunately it didn't qualify for the 0%.

Anyway they're trying to sell me the extended warranty. Got them down to 3k for 4yrs/80000kms (or 7yrs/140000kms in total). Whats vertic on the extra warranty? I average 20k a yr and its my daily with next to nothing for towing. I do plan on tuning it (which they said would still be covered). Not looking for a race truck but like having the go when I want it.

Also scored a matching used topper already lol. Hopefully its as described.

Let here it. Oh i have to let them know by tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rev M&S

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I had found some article from a pretty reputable place a few years ago, and it was about the top 10 best 1/2 and 3/4 trucks over the past 15 years ranked by reliability, and Dodge was so bad it didn't make the list...not even once, for either model. Lots of tranny, build quality and electrical issues.
This admittingly, was about 2017 or 18, when I bought my 16 Elevation. Not sure if this is the case anymore with the 19s/20's, but they so seem cheaper to buy, both used and new.
I like Dodge, not trying to throw barns at them, owned a few myself but in Upstate NY, they're about 5%-15% cheaper on resale, trade-in and overall value, and they rust out quicker then a fucker.

I've always like the 2500 with the 392, and the Rebel/Warlock.
3rd generation and earlier Dodge Rams, I would agree with you. But since the 4th generation Ram (2009 and later), FCA has made huge improvements in quality, and everything got even better with the mating of the ZF designed and made 8-speeds (in the 5.7L 1500s). Do yourself a favor and talk to some 4th generation Ram owners.

·
Administrator
20,653 Posts
Buddy of mine has passed on the extended warranty offer by the dealership, but then bought it when he got close to the mileage limit / end of his factory warranty. I don't know if he's just been lucky, or if it's normal to find better deals on extended warranty after the sale of the vehicle. All I know is, it's worked well for him.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I personally never buy the extended warranty. But then again my '17 Sierra is the first domestic full size I have bought, so maybe I will regret it.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
I personally never buy the extended warranty. But then again my '17 Sierra is the first domestic full size I have bought, so maybe I will regret it.
I never did either...should of seen how pissed the toyota salesman looked when i refused their 10 year 100k mile extended warranty. He tried to scare me with all sorts of cases that happened. I came back and questioned him why would toyota build such a crappy truck if it has all these issues that'll happen. Crickets.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Congrats man!! Yeah the extended warranty the dealers make a killing on that that’s why they are pushing it. Only 3-4 days to decide? That’s a crappy sales tactic you can get it whenever. 3-4K? That’s rediculous mark up. You can buy a ford warranty from any dealer. check out flood ford they have the best price anywhere probably less then half the price what your dealer wants for same exact thing. It’s where people that do there research get it from and you don’t have to get it when you buy the truck just before factory warranty expires. Www.floodfordesp.com

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
Congrats man!! Yeah the extended warranty the dealers make a killing on that that’s why they are pushing it. Only 3-4 days to decide? That’s a crappy sales tactic you can get it whenever. 3-4K? That’s rediculous mark up. You can buy a ford warranty from any dealer. check out flood ford they have the best price anywhere probably less then half the price what your dealer wants for same exact thing. It’s where people that do there research get it from and you don’t have to get it when you buy the truck just before factory warranty expires. Www.floodfordesp.com
They even offered me $500 off on the extended warranty contract if i agree to sign it by the end of the week. Told me right then these extended warranties must be big money makers.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Buddy of mine has passed on the extended warranty offer by the dealership, but then bought it when he got close to the mileage limit / end of his factory warranty. I don't know if he's just been lucky, or if it's normal to find better deals on extended warranty after the sale of the vehicle. All I know is, it's worked well for him.
A caller just yesterday called in to Clark Howard and asked about extended warranty. He also said that if you feel the need to buy one shop the dealers for the warranty just before your standard warranty is up, and only buy the warranty through the manufacturer. I bought a RZR last year and could not believe the price differences on the extended warranty from different dealers. I was quoted $1200, some friends of my wife's bought the same warranty for over double.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
If you look at ford forums and facebook groups flood ford is the way to go. I think they make very little on the warranties but sell huge volume. The markup on warranty's is unbelievable. Some really put it to people that buy the warranty then bundle it in with your loan so you pay interest on it lol Be careful the Finance managers can really put it to you lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Basically what your saying is we have given up some long term reliability/longevity for more performance, and better fuel economy. I kind of liked it better the other way.

To a point, obviously if you make a smaller engine make more power, it's not as reliable. A big part of it though,.is the EPA mandated bs that makes it hard for them.
These are the 26 highest-quality cars, trucks, SUVs of 2020, according to J.D. Power

The 34th annual survey, conducted from February through May, assessed the performance of 2020 model-year vehicles within 90 days after they were sold. It included 223 questions and 87,272 vehicles.

Here's how the J.D. Power IQS study scored the major brands (problems per 100 vehicles):

Dodge (136)

Kia (136)

Chevrolet (141)

Ram (141)

Genesis (142)

Mitsubishi (148)

Buick (150)

GMC (151)

Volkswagen (152)

Hyundai (153)

Jeep (155)

Lexus (159)

Nissan (161)

Cadillac (162)

Infiniti (173)

Ford (174)

Mini (174)

BMW (176)

Honda (177)

Toyota (177)

Lincoln (182)

Mazda (184)

Acura (185)

Porsche (186)

Subaru (187)

Chrysler (189)

Jaguar (190)

Mercedes-Benz (202)

Volvo (210)

Audi (225)

Land Rover (228)

Tesla (250)

I have heard Tesla's are raging piles of shit, I guess that confirms it.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Nice! You'll like it. Its a fun engine! I paid right around 950 bucks for my extended warranty. In Wisconsin.

·
Registered
40,007 Posts
To a point, obviously if you make a smaller engine make more power, it's not as reliable. A big part of it though,.is the EPA mandated bs that makes it hard for them.
One of the reasons i went with a normally aspirated engine thats been pretty much proven.....just not many years in a truck application.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I'm not worried about engine life with how many miles I put on a year. The turbos are liquid cooled which will help with extending their life.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Both the 2.7L and 3.5L EcoBoosts are amazing performing motors ..... but I would not get either without a full and long warranty.

101 - 120 of 187 Posts