Hardcore Sledder banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The reason Ford didn't take the bailout is that they had previously mortgaged their assets to the hilt before credit dried up. They still borrowed money via the TARP fund for other reasons.
I don’t doubt there was more to the buy out patriot.you know way more about it than I do

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Which F150 engine would a Ford Technician pick? (Posted Jun 19, 2020)

Summary (per the Ford technicians):
  • 10 chose the 5.0L N/A
  • 3 chose the 2.7L Ecoboost
  • 2 chose the 3.5L Ecoboost
But they work on them everyday, so what would they know.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Quick review with 2000km on the truck

I'm enjoying this Ford the more I drive it. Ride is settling in nice and is acceptable now. Engine is still the highlight for me. Love hearing those turbos spool lol. Truck has plenty of pep and for just a driver it'll hopefully do just fine. Fuel economy is getting better and last time I fill up it was around 11.4L/ 100 or about 24mpg (imperial gallons). The Hemi was a constant 13L/100 this time of year.

No upgrades yet other then weathertech mats. Looking for some rims/tires but leary about the mileage hit with this small motor. Would like to go to a 305 width tire in either a 20 or 22" rim. Want to run a decent a/t tire but most are 10ply and heavy. So will see how that goes.

Probably gonna hold off on the tune till this fall. Hoping black Friday might bring some decent discounts on tuner and CAI.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Which F150 engine would a Ford Technician pick? (Posted Jun 19, 2020)
Summary (per the Ford technicians):
  • 10 chose the 5.0L N/A
  • 3 chose the 2.7L Ecoboost
  • 2 chose the 3.5L Ecoboost
But they work on them everyday, so what would they know.
Opinions of lube techs that can’t afford any of those trucks and probably don’t even know the difference other then when you cut the exhuast off the v8 sounds better. Everyone brings up this video in a ecoboost debate actually already came up in this thread.

But reality check is what truck are people ACTUALLY buying?? And it’s the ecoboost motor by far it’s not even close.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Quick review with 2000km on the truck

I'm enjoying this Ford the more I drive it. Ride is settling in nice and is acceptable now. Engine is still the highlight for me. Love hearing those turbos spool lol. Truck has plenty of pep and for just a driver it'll hopefully do just fine. Fuel economy is getting better and last time I fill up it was around 11.4L/ 100 or about 24mpg (imperial gallons). The Hemi was a constant 13L/100 this time of year.

No upgrades yet other then weathertech mats. Looking for some rims/tires but leary about the mileage hit with this small motor. Would like to go to a 305 width tire in either a 20 or 22" rim. Want to run a decent a/t tire but most are 10ply and heavy. So will see how that goes.

Probably gonna hold off on the tune till this fall. Hoping black Friday might bring some decent discounts on tuner and CAI.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Good to hear, I had a Livernoismotorsports Tune and CAI on my ecoboost, and what sold me is the customer service is great.and the maps are solid, easy to load,couple buddy’s still have their boosted Ecoboosts, lots of miles, no catastrophic failures, both former Chevy guys, no staged lube tech interviews, just real world facts.look on the road at the 150’s, 3.5’s vs.5.0 What’s the people’s choice?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Opinions of lube techs that can’t afford any of those trucks and probably don’t even know the difference other then when you cut the exhuast off the v8 sounds better. Everyone brings up this video in a ecoboost debate actually already came up in this thread.

But reality check is what truck are people ACTUALLY buying?? And it’s the ecoboost motor by far it’s not even close.
I think there’s a lot of chicken littles running around in here

221 - 226 of 226 Posts