Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ZR900, 2019 ZR8000 Sno Pro 129
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting read, but my initial concerns are, if they just use the 800 engine as a base, would it suffer from the injector problems that are already happening?
I do admit, that if Cat jumped from 800 to a 900 engine and skipped the 850, I think that would be cool. But again reliability would be my concern.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
That would be nice but unfortunately still just a rumor .

I would love to see it in the 180-185hp range of it were to happen.

Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,356 Posts
I would like to see Cat bring a 700 and a 900 to the market, and please don't base it off of the existing 800.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I would like to see Cat bring a 700 and a 900 to the market, and please don't base it off of the existing 800.
that's what polaris did with the 650/850. new design. i had great luck with their 800s. 11k out of 2 of them and no issues. the 850 is proving itself so far. and the power is ridiculous. i felt the procross rode good but the seating was too low . i rode a matryx, and didn't care for the position and it was not natural for me to bend my knees in so far. i grabbed an axys 850 while i could. cat has had plenty of time to design something a little more forward and higher along with a 900. that would get the whole industry going. but with all the ev rules coming they may be designing around a battery

·
Registered
652 Posts
First of all why do you care, and secondly you do not have a clue of what their coming with
Everyone can have a clue about what Cat is coming out with. Just look at the evidence... The competition has not released a 900, which is a good sign it's not a feasible design.

Saying "zero chance" of a 900 isn't a knock on Cat. A 900 just doesn't make sense in any way (for any sled manufacturer).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Everyone can have a clue about what Cat is coming out with. Just look at the evidence... The competition has not released a 900, which is a good sign it's not a feasible design.

Saying "zero chance" of a 900 isn't a knock on Cat. A 900 just doesn't make sense in any way (for any sled manufacturer).
You probably said an 850 wasn’t feasible until your beloved skidoo brought one out, especially with the problems they have had with 2 strokes, but their bs marketing about it has 4 stroke reliability (how did that work out lol) just like all the doo clowns saying they would never bring out a big 4 stroke to try to compete with the Tcat, (not enough sales etc, no market for big turbos) now it’s the best thing since sliced bread

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm not sure why you think I have a thing for Skidoo. Yes, I do have a 2022 Skidoo but only because I wanted a sled to ride this season. And it's not an 850 or a turbo.

This thread is "possibility of a 900". There's nothing in the Supertrax article that indicates cat is working on a 900, it's all speculation. Maybe if they come out with a 450 Blast first...

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
581 Posts
The old Cat of 20 years ago might have done it. I don’t see any chance the new Textron Cat does it.
I like to think I’m impartial. I’ve had 4 Cats, 5 Doos and 7 Poos.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
You probably said an 850 wasn’t feasible until your beloved skidoo brought one out, especially with the problems they have had with 2 strokes, but their bs marketing about it has 4 stroke reliability (how did that work out lol) just like all the doo clowns saying they would never bring out a big 4 stroke to try to compete with the Tcat, (not enough sales etc, no market for big turbos) now it’s the best thing since sliced bread
Holy crap Butarctic,, you nailed that one to a T !! "It ain't workable/feasible/worth it unless MY brand does it, then its the greatest". "Why would any other brand want a small market/ high powered Turbo 4 stroke, as any idiot can pin the throttle across a lake?,, oh wait, now it's cool cuz MY brand makes one now". Wait and see what happens If/when the only remaining OEM comes out with a Turbo trail sled and the shit they are gonna spread. Time for some guys to take another swig of their Red and Yellow Kool-aid.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm not sure why you think I have a thing for Skidoo. Yes, I do have a 2022 Skidoo but only because I wanted a sled to ride this season. And it's not an 850 or a turbo.

This thread is "possibility of a 900". There's nothing in the Supertrax article that indicates cat is working on a 900, it's all speculation. Maybe if they come out with a 450 Blast first...
Well if I was a gambler which I’m not(maybe the reason I will never buy any BRP product) my money is on a new chassis and engine and I think(know) there’s one coming, you say maybe if they come out with a blast 450 first, is that why BRP brought out that lame 150 turbo before the new 180 this year?

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
425 Posts
Cat was able to shoe horn a triple 4 stroke into the chassis so why not by pass the 900 twin and shoe horn a triple 850.....just sayin

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well if I was a gambler which I’m not(maybe the reason I will never buy any BRP product) my money is on a new chassis and engine and I think(know) there’s one coming, you say maybe if they come out with a blast 450 first, is that why BRP brought out that lame 150 turbo before the new 180 this year?
Again I don't know why you keep digging on Doo, they sell a ton of 850 and 900T engines and they (apparently) are very good at giving customers what they want.

Cat seems to put a lot of development into the Blast series so I think it would be a good proving ground for a 450 that could become a 900. But the reason in general I don't think a 900 would be feasible is emissions regulations.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts