Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought in light of all the burn down postings I add some positive comments........

Last sled was a 73 Eltigre.....Just got F7.. Burped it......dry gas every tank.
Beat the hell out of it for 600 Miles and had no problems at all not even a loose bolt.
Sorry ...one problem..800's won't race me any more!

Anybody else have a good thing to add?

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
finley got to ride first time today.......80 miles.
no problems :D :)
found lot's of guy's racing in fields and roads,
not one would race me, gues the word is out
about the firecat here too B)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Went through my F7 Friday night stem to stern. 750 miles. Checked every nut and bolt, paying extra attention to the problem areas I've seen here on the site and I did not have one problem. Rode over 100 miles yesterday on some tight twisty trails with low hanging branches. My buddy (on a REV 600 HO) couldn't keep up- he said the low branches were pissing him off because he couldn't stand up over the bumps. I just hunkered down and let 'er rip! I think the REV is good in certain conditons but the Firecats are good in almost every condition. It rocks on the lake, in the bumps and in the powder. I really love this sled. :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
No problems here either :D

This year everyone just wants to ride (which is fine)
and no one wants to race----hmmmmm?

Love this sled

·
Registered
3 Posts
I blew away an XCR 800 so bad he didnt even want a chance to redeem himself. Next it was all the skidoo guys getting mouthy but when I asked them to put up or shut up they opted to shut up. I guess action speaks louder than words.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I LOVE MY F7!!!!!!

Ok...so they've had a few problems...and I understand....having problems with a $7000 sled is VERY annoying. But.....what new sled hasn't had problems!? Polaris's overheat, Ski Doo's blow up, Viper's ride like pogo sticks! At first I didn't like the handling.....like everyone has said....they handle vauegly. I agreed until this weekend.....we were on great snow coverage, I have 136 studs (using the AC pattern) and 8" carbides. While thrashing the hell out of it this weekend.....found out a few things. My F7 loves input from me.....the more I lean into a turn the more it likes it. Also....while your buddys behind you.....and they are always behind you....might not like it.....sliding the rear end through corners is easy....it works...and its alot of FUN! I have had one minor problem....and I posted a question about it....but all in all....I love my Firecat....can't wait to head to Quebec!

·
Registered
25 Posts
almost 500 miles and the only problem i've had is a small exhaust leak at the y pipe gasket. fixed that and no other complaints. i run with a 2002 zr 800 with to many mods to list, and a 2002 mxz 700 with clutching, reeds, geared etc. i'm still bone stock and they won't race me anymore. my buddy with the 800 says i walk away from him like he's standing still. will be picking this week because this sled begs for more traction. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've got 136 in mine......a little light on traction for dragging.....but works well for trail and braking....haven't really raced anyone. My cousin ('01 SRX) and I raced across a meadow from about a 25-30 mph rolling start....and we were dead even all the way up to 90 mph, and he's got 192 studs! Hooking up for a hard pull has been my biggest problem.....if I could cure that....don't think I'd have much competition!

·
Registered
899 Posts
yup. 520+ miles on f7 sno pro not one update done to sled still on the original frayed rope. sled runs like a cat with a bit of turpentine touched to its hiney. everybody talks about lining up but nobody will. :(

·
Registered
485 Posts
:D I'm just shy of 2000 km's on my f7 and can honestly say the worst problem I have is that nobody wants to play with me anymore!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts