Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a rebuilt Kohler 340 Fan motor with new HewTech CDI. No problem getting fuel and has spark. But you can pull on it all day and it will not start. Tried using a spray bottle on it today and it fired on the first spray and then started and ran fine on the second spray. I let it warm up for awhile, then shut it down. After it had warmed up it started every time on the first pull " with no spray bottle". Seems like it only needs fuel sprayed in the carbs when it is cold.

This motor is ported and if my memorey serves me correctly, I think that I read someplace that PORTED motors need to be started with a spray bottle. Am I correct ?
Or is this motor just a little finicky ? The chokes work, but still it just won't fire, without a spritz in the carbs.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well !! Don't ask me why, but everything seems to be working ok now. It was suggested that I put the choke lever up the the second position, which would be the 12:00 o'clock position and try it that way. First pull nothing. Second pull it fired. Third pull it started. I let it warm up, took the choke off and was running just fine. I flipped the choke back on and the motor started to bog. Thus showing to me, that the chokes were working. Ran fine and started first pull every time after warmed up.

Went out today and flipped the choke to the first position. Gave it a pull and it started. Once again ran fine and would start every time one one pull.

So who knows ............ kind of reminds me of some old girl friends and wifes ............ just a whee bit finicky ............ LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts