Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am brand new to this forum. I bought a 04 MXZ Adreneline 600HO used 3000 miles on it. It has always been a pig on gas, but this time it is the worst ever. It used 50% more gas than an AC ZR800. 33$ Ski-doo $22 Arctic Cat - Same ride. Here's the history. Dealer sold it to me needing a ring job. Rings replaced; mileage improved slightly but still real bad. Compression 130 both sides on cold motor. I pulled off the raves and they seem to glide freely, cleaned slight carbon deposit on back side. I dont know whether this could be RAVE settings, choke, reeds, or what? Any suggestions? 75 miles is a pretty low range.

DT

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
My 600ho gets plenty good fuel mileage, I can go well over 100 miles on a tank of gas and well over 200 miles on a tank of oil. It's still NOTHING compared to my dads 600SDI though, he gets tons better gas mileage and oil consumption than mine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, I am brand new to this forum. I bought a 04 MXZ Adreneline 600HO used 3000 miles on it. It has always been a pig on gas, but this time it is the worst ever. It used 50% more gas than an AC ZR800. 33$ Ski-doo $22 Arctic Cat - Same ride. Here's the history. Dealer sold it to me needing a ring job. Rings replaced; mileage improved slightly but still real bad. Compression 130 both sides on cold motor. I pulled off the raves and they seem to glide freely, cleaned slight carbon deposit on back side. I dont know whether this could be RAVE settings, choke, reeds, or what? Any suggestions? 75 miles is a pretty low range.

DT[/b]
Dad has a 04 MXZ Adreneline 800 DPM HO! Gets like 110 to a tank! Did you ask your dealer about this?
Jake

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got back from a trip to Mt. Valin in Quebec, Canada. I was shocked when on the first ride i ran out of gas at 88 miles, about 8 mpg at best. I ignored the the "E" on the shitty fuel guage thinking it was just stuck like they always do, guess I was wrong. Like previously mentioned in the thread, this is my first long ride after my rings were changed. I have a 2003 Rev 600HO and it used to get way over 100 miles per tank (at least we would fill up at about 100 miles and I still had gas in the tank, about 12 mpg). I brought it to the dealer this week and the mechanic said everything looked great. Compression at 150, carbs clean. He did mention that he turned down the oil injection as it was a bit higher than he likes. He said too much oil will make the engine run cooler thus using more gas, but not the usage difference I am seeing though. Other than that he said there was nothing else he could do. I asked if BRP had a tech line he could call and he said he would call to see if there is anything they suggest. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have an 04 600HO changed the rings at 1600kms to Cudney rings now my compression is 150 on both cold and 148 on both when hot the sled now has 4000+ kms. Dropped the mains from 380 to 370 and dropped the needles from .030 to .020. Also set the oil cable to 19mm instead of 18mm. Sled now runs well over the 100miles to tank. You mentioned 130 for compression with new rings which is really low perhaps the rings haven't seated yet.. but I would get a second opionion...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Do you just mean the main fuel line from the fuel tank to the carbs?? What exactly did you find?? Thanks!![/b]
Yes the main fuel line. It was my buddies sled and it would run out of fuel at about 60-70 miles but there was still 1/4 tank of fuel left. He had it to the dealer a couple times before they figured out it was a fuel pick up issue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 600HO with carbs was a real pig in 03, 04. A buddy has one (2004 GSX). I think the specs for needle and main jet changed in 05, perhaps to help the mileage. I'll check with my buddy cause I know he tweaked on his and it's better now. I know at least one other GSX that got traded for an SDI because it only got 85 miles to a tank!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
dude, i'll take 75 to a tank anyday!!

my 800 mod got 3 miles to the gallon out west w/300 main jets!! i ended up using 16.5 gallons of gas to ride not even 50 miles!! and it died right after i got back to town and to a gas station!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 05' 600HO goes well over 100 miles per tank - I usually start to try and find some gas at the 100 mile mark. I've actually gone almost 130 miles and still didn't run out!

I would say something is definitely wrong if your only getting 75 miles per tank! Have it looked at by a dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just put on 100 miles yesterday. Consistantly getting about 8 MPG. Dealer recommends new needle valves. They called BRP and apparently the needles have been found to wear over time allowing more gas to get through. I will probably drop the needle size to .020 and the mains to 370 as recommended earlier on this post. Not sure if BRP will cover the needles, probably not.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts