Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
So if I understand him correctly, he opposes any development by Plum Creek, but it is ok for him?

"Polstein’s plan for Ktaadn Resorts calls for a community center, expanded Twin Pines camping ground, and a residential and mixed-use subdivision totaling 35 residential lots and 12 mixed-use town houses on 1,450 acres of Township 1 Range 8 along Millinocket Lake and Hammond Ridge."

·
Registered
709 Posts
If Roxanne Quimby is such an environmentalist, why would she go for something like this? It is about making money, not preserving the Great North Woods. I thought her whole reason for doing what she did is to stop development and preserve the "natural effect" of the area? On the surface it would appear Polstein wants to do what Quimby claims to oppose. Those 100 jobs they claim to bring to the region are going to be Crunchberry's from out of town that don't use deodorant or take showers for the month. Locals are going to get stiffed...again. There is no mention of snowmobilers, he has had no problem shaking our hands and taking or money, only to stab us all in the back. Snowmobilers are the biggest cash cow left for the area. His plan is a joke, 65 Million so people can walk in the woods? The last tme I checked, hiking boots don't cost $9,500.00 a pair. I hope the state does not plan on using taxpayer money to help in this one, it is a disaster in the making. 65 million for 100 full time jobs, what a great business plan.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
If Roxanne Quimby is such an environmentalist, why would she go for something like this? It is about making money, not preserving the Great North Woods. I thought her whole reason for doing what she did is to stop development and preserve the "natural effect" of the area? On the surface it would appear Polstein wants to do what Quimby claims to oppose. Those 100 jobs they claim to bring to the region are going to be Crunchberry's from out of town that don't use deodorant or take showers for the month. Locals are going to get stiffed...again. There is no mention of snowmobilers, he has had no problem shaking our hands and taking or money, only to stab us all in the back. Snowmobilers are the biggest cash cow left for the area. His plan is a joke, 65 Million so people can walk in the woods? The last tme I checked, hiking boots don't cost $9,500.00 a pair. I hope the state does not plan on using taxpayer money to help in this one, it is a disaster in the making. 65 million for 100 full time jobs, what a great business plan.[/b]

polsstein and quimby have had this planned for a long time i bet ... they are "in bed" together somehow without a doubt

but who has the cash to fight them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.