Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I try to take it real easy for the first 50 miles or so.. and don't usually hammer on it till the 2nd tank of gas.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I put a couple hours on it on the stand, with the trunk and boards full of ice, then to the nuts for the rest of it's life. I bought this out of the box racer to run hard, paid cash and will have my way with it till it breaks. It will happen before the warrenty is up if it is going to. So far not much has gone wrong, my worst case was the dealers shitty PDI work which cost me 10 hours to a local Catmaster Tech. The other is do not run out of fuel it is a real bitch to get going, 4,000,000 pulls I actually thought I had killed the F7 Sabercat, but the Evil Twin barked to life and has been strong as ever since then.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Pin it after 8 miles. The only reason for 8 miles or so, is to ensure that there is no funny sounds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my dealer says the best way to break in a sled is too run at the grass drags...... so I rip it 600' or so mostly more and shes running fine..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Put 50 mi on and pinned it in 660 on the grass and hit 94 on speedo not bad for mixed gas............. :D Got 200 mi on with no problems.........WTG

R

·
0 Posts
Run the mother, how long can you break in a top fueler!!
Remember two speeds, and one is stop!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
had mine wide open 3 times while pre-mixed. i got 113mph
on the speedo, i dont know how accurate the speedos are!
felt, like i was doing 200mph~~! all, i could hear was, the
1.375 lugs turning, and my arms were shaking, thought, the
track was gonna come out underneath me, and smack me
in the back of the head~~~~! :wub:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts