Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I heard from someone that put in dial-a-jet, slp single, reprogramed his cdi box from hotseat. He had problems with det, it was alway retarding his timing so it ran rich. So that is why he had his cdi box reprogramed. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tune is a vague description, are you planing on keeping it stock and just want to get it set up right? Or are you planing on spending some $$? Are you looking for bottom end, mid range or top end. What area's do you want to improve the current performance, motor or suspension? Once you have these items it will be easier to get a meaningful reply. Good Luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
I also have a prox2-800 with the following mods:

slp exhaust
slp vents
slp air box mod
slp clutch kit
v-force reeds

The sled is awsome in the trails but I get spanked on straight runs. What can I do to improve my top end. I probably only get about 95 mph out of it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
To be honest poox7 I'm not sure, I have to look at my paper work. What set up would you suggest and what type of top end do you think is realistic for an x2-800.
My dealer has the sled now for warranty work and said that the spring needs to be replaced on the secondary, which would be c'clockwise wound instead of clockwise.
Will this help like he says it will???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by tinman27@Sep 2 2005, 12:17 PM
To be honest poox7 I'm not sure, I have to look at my paper work. What set up would you suggest and what type of top end do you think is realistic for an x2-800.
My dealer has the sled now for warranty work and said that the spring needs to be replaced on the secondary, which would be c'clockwise wound instead of clockwise.
Will this help like he says it will???

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858509
[/quote]
Yes that will help if your current spring is binding up. That was the reason the went with the ccw springs. It's hard to say what you need to change not knowing what they already changed. First thing I would check though is to see if your getting full shift out or not. See if you can find out what you have in your sled right now. :div20:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Originally posted by nickels@Sep 2 2005, 02:46 PM
Yes that will help if your current spring is binding up. That was the reason the went with the ccw springs. It's hard to say what you need to change not knowing what they already changed. First thing I would check though is to see if your getting full shift out or not. See if you can find out what you have in your sled right now.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858696
[/quote]

CCW would be the first thing for sure!
My wife got a new 700 Touring last year and she said it felt like she was riding in wet snow and it lugged to do 70 MPH...........went to the CCW and the sled will see 104 on the speedo with the premium switch on. 104 Polaris MPH probably translates to low to mid 90's but it's a lot better than 70 MPH on the speedo.
Keep in mind this is a 136 inch track 600 LBS machine with the team secondary! :div20:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have your timing checked. Some of them have been way off like 4 deg. Some 04 sleds the timing marks were stamped wrong or off some . The one I had was ok. :div20:

·
Registered
178 Posts
the team secondary isn't a top end setup.......... go woth a button and like 72 pol wieghts and a progressive helix 70wts if stock and your stock team helix and a blk/wht team rrw spring

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by Fox Click@Sep 4 2005, 09:38 AM
the team secondary isn't a top end setup.......... go woth a button and like 72 pol wieghts and a progressive helix 70wts if stock and your stock team helix and a blk/wht team rrw spring
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=860428
[/quote]
I keep hearing this, but if setup right the team will run just as fast on top as the button does. The team helix won't work in a button secondary either.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rode with one 02 800 xc it did over 100 mph. also rode with two 04 800 clasics with m10
only 95 mph ,they all used 30% more fuel then my 01 700 xc, now i have a 04 800 prox 2 , the 800s seem to have a rep to be slugish,I wanted to tune motor for les than $400 . I am ok with 95 mph gearing . would like to know if all 800 are slugish ,I have never riden my sled

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think most of the 04 800 were better than the 03 out of the box . Slp flow rights and the big air horn kit will help that sled . The stock track is kinda stiff not the best for top end speed or probbly any speed . :imo:

G

·
Originally posted by nickels@Sep 4 2005, 01:02 PM
I keep hearing this, but if setup right the team will run just as fast on top as the button does. The team helix won't work in a button secondary either.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=860589
[/quote]
Exactly my point since the Team came out nickels.The problem is the primary on the 800 models with the wide tower clutch ,which is alot heavier than the 600 and the 700 clutch.If u don't have it set properly it will never shift out and most of them need to be machined.With a properly calibrated tach u should be revving the 800 liberty to 7850 Rpm for fast trail set-up.The fastest I got on radar with my 2004 Pro XR 800 was 106.2 Mph,and ur not going to get much faster than that.Make sure ur shifting out all the way.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
My buddy has the same sled. Like many, he was disappointed as he came from a ProX600. He worked for about 3 days straight, stopping on the side of the trails, changing the jetting, 'til he was just about satisfied. Still not what he was hoping for when upgrading to an 800, but at least now he doesn't feel like his 600 would walk all over his 800. He also added Hot Seat pipe and clutching. Most of his gain was in jetting. This year he make take my tip and put a Tempa Flo on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts