Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a site that was giving sales of new Polaris :cautious:sleds this year were down by 75% Plus a lot more on sales. Covid-19

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
The Covid thing didn't really fully kick in until what...late February, early March?
About 3/4 into the season, right?
What were the sales numbers like at that point?
Maybe Polaris over-calculated their sales and built too many sleds.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The Covid thing didn't really fully kick in until what...late February, early March?
About 3/4 into the season, right?
What were the sales numbers like at that point?
Maybe Polaris over-calculated their sales and built too many sleds.
I think he is referring to snowcheck sales not 2019-2020 season sales.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think Poo sales were a lot lower than what their saying. Dealer near here is loaded with them and a dealer near us dropped Poo two years ago and just kept Yamaha and still has Poo’s for sale. I think there will be some smokin deals in the fall if anyone wants to take a chance on one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think Poo sales were a lot lower than what their saying. Dealer near here is loaded with them and a dealer near us dropped Poo two years ago and just kept Yamaha and still has Poo’s for sale. I think there will be some smokin deals in the fall if anyone wants to take a chance on one.
Take a chance on one? Haha. What does that even mean?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Lol doubt it. Ken’s has almost no inventory left and my salesman said after they extended snowcheck his numbers were normal. Stop making shit up to stir the pot.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Well, if Polaris sales are down 75%, that would mean so would Cat's be. After all, Polaris sleds are more popular, why would Cat's not be down if it was due to covid, Cat is immune to covid? Number for number, that would be about 8000 for Polaris and about 250 for Cat based on sales volume, and being down 75%, but remember, sales numbers are meaningless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found it on one of the snowmobile sites, but i can't find it again. It was the report on Polaris giving the report on all the divions for sales up and down, profits. It noted that they were pulling back on there sales forcast and share buybacks plus a lot more.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,656 Posts
It seems that there many that relish in, pick your disliked brand, seeing a manufacturer do bad to the point of bankruptcy or failure. No snowmobiler today or in the future will benefit from that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here we go again, below is the real info straight from the Polaris first quarter report as filed with the SEC.

Snowmobiles sales, inclusive of PG&A sales, of $29.5 million decreased 26 percent compared to 2019. Polaris North American unit retail sales to consumers were down mid-teens percent during the first quarter of 2020 and down low-single-digits percent for the twelve month snowmobile season ending March 2020. North American industry retail was down nearly 30 percent for the first quarter and down high-single digits percent for the season ending March 2020.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Keep in mind they were also late delivering 2019 snowchecks and were still booking deliveries in January 2019, so that will skew the numbers slightly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts