Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Where the Matryx 850XC 129?
I posted the models that are in the online parts book at this time. The sled you asked about is NOT in the online parts book.

Reactions: danxc and EvilBird

·
Registered
61 Posts
Will there be any delays for the 7S display via a chip shortage.
or the ECU, or the PBR.... all it takes is one device in the assembly to put a stop to production. It'll be a long summer if you worry about what you can't control

·
Registered
22 XCR 850 136
114 Posts
wonder what the build sequence is gonna be for the 22s. It seems the matrix assaults were one of the first through the assembly line last season, and VR-1s somewhat towards the end of build dates. Granted last season may of had more unknowns than today, let's hope the XCRs are built first up for next season.

Dan

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
wonder what the build sequence is gonna be for the 22s. It seems the matrix assaults were one of the first through the assembly line last season, and VR-1s somewhat towards the end of build dates. Granted last season may of had more unknowns than today, let's hope the XCRs are built first up for next season.

Dan
Polaris would be foolish not to start with the XCR/VR1's first. Take a note from GM/GMC......they are mostly building trucks/SUV in Denali trim only as they are the most expensive/profitable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The XCR/VR1 sleds are already sold. I'd bet the sleds for the dealers floor plans will be first off the line. If Polaris looses a customer or two because of late snowcheck deliveries, it's not the end of the world - riders switch brands all the time. If the dealers can't make money on their floor plans because the sleds were late and go out of business, that would be a bigger problem.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Polaris would be foolish not to start with the XCR/VR1's first. Take a note from GM/GMC......they are mostly building trucks/SUV in Denali trim only as they are the most expensive/profitable.
right now and for weeks we have had no new gmc trucks. and you are right about the denali. 80k , and it is hard to get so it never sees a rebate. people will walk right by an slt , that's maybe 60k, and go right for the denali. gotta have a denali. even the denali pickups. i think it's stupid to pay that much for a truck. but that's just me.

·
Registered
22 XCR 850 136
114 Posts
most are snow checks so don't think one supersedes the other in demand or profit. I'm just hoping my XCR comes no later then November. I'm sure we'll hear soon on what's getting built first and what's last.

Dan

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Most dealers used up their allotment on snowchecks and will have no floor models to acquire. Only the ones that stopped snowcheck orders so they can get some floor models to sell.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The XCR/VR1 sleds are already sold. I'd bet the sleds for the dealers floor plans will be first off the line. If Polaris looses a customer or two because of late snowcheck deliveries, it's not the end of the world - riders switch brands all the time. If the dealers can't make money on their floor plans because the sleds were late and go out of business, that would be a bigger problem.
I understand your point and that is in the case in most years with Polaris. However, this year is different given how few sleds the dealers are getting for dealer stock. I have relationships with two decent size dealers and I believe both are only getting 10 sleds for dealer stock. Heck, most Polaris dealerships don't have any inventory anyways right now: sleds, atv, utv, etc. It really won't be that different in the winter. If Polaris is at all concerned about a parts shortage then they better put together the sleds they have sold first this year or they will really being giving the middle finger to those loyal customers who snow checked.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
right now and for weeks we have had no new gmc trucks. and you are right about the denali. 80k , and it is hard to get so it never sees a rebate. people will walk right by an slt , that's maybe 60k, and go right for the denali. gotta have a denali. even the denali pickups. i think it's stupid to pay that much for a truck. but that's just me.
I have a GMC SLT and GMC Denali (Yukon)......that magnetic ride control suspension is a difference maker in my opinion. Especially when towing.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Vendor
10,322 Posts
Polaris always builds sleds like the 550's first. been that way for years. sleds that are basically only graphics changes. this does a couple things it gives the line a test. new employees etc. the snow checks are always last. ( custom order's) the exception is mtn. sleds they are built right after the common stuff.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,397 Posts
Polaris always builds sleds like the 550's first. been that way for years. sleds that are basically only graphics changes. this does a couple things it gives the line a test. new employees etc. the snow checks are always last. ( custom order's) the exception is mtn. sleds they are built right after the common stuff.
If this is true, why did the ‘21 XCR in the Axys chassis not get built until January of ‘21 when there were the new Matryx chassis sleds in customers hands in October??

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I would guess because of low order numbers??? Just SWAG’ing it, mountain guys build 1st, but overall build the most ordered models 1st in order to have the most happy customers. I’ll guess turbo models will be late d/t adjustments in calibration being made to the very end of deadline.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts