Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody now if the metalic black Poo use's is available in rattle cans? part #?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
i think you have to get it from midwest coatings or whoever makes the paint for them. if you can get a half pint, bring it to a body shop supply and they will make a spray can.

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are right, just hoping Po may have it precanned? local body shop has a paint scanner, but I'd have to bring in the hood. heard that can be perfect and also off

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
i went to my dealer and they told me midwest coatings doesnt sell the polaris paints, because i needed red to repaint a hood, and they told me they wouldnt get any. by chance if you were lucky you would go down there to them and beg them for a pint of it and they might sell you some. as i know, they dont sell it. im just having a paint shop scan the color of a red polaris hood and copy it.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 25 2005, 10:39 AM
anybody now if the metalic black Poo use's is available in rattle cans? part #?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891365
[/quote]

Tell me which year model metallic black you are looking for. The aerosol spray paint 2859078-xxx is about $9 a can, you have to buy two cans, plus shipping.

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Sep 27 2005, 01:39 AM
Tell me which year model metallic black you are looking for.  The aerosol spray paint 2859078-xxx is about $9 a can, you have to buy two cans, plus shipping.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894924
[/quote]

It's for my 06 Fuse. I'm going to a paint shop today, they are gonna scan the hood. If there is a problem there, I'll let you know. Thanks PSD. rd

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
RD its brand new and has not touched the snow yet :help: , Is that thing all tore apart laying around the garage :dunno: I thought I was bad :frech32:

I ordered some thru a Polaris dealer but I had to order 2 cans, they can get it but that is the min. order I guess

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by REDWEDGE600@Sep 27 2005, 06:17 AM
RD its brand new and has not touched the snow yet :help: , Is that thing all tore apart laying around the garage :dunno:  I thought I was bad :frech32:
I ordered some thru a Polaris dealer but I had to order 2 cans, they can get it but that is the min. order I guess
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894982
[/quote]
It's in several states of disrepair :augen41:

paint shop can't make paint, hopefully Poo will have it :dunno:

·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Sep 27 2005, 01:39 AM
Tell me which year model metallic black you are looking for.  The aerosol spray paint 2859078-xxx is about $9 a can, you have to buy two cans, plus shipping.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=894924
[/quote]

Dave I need the black metallic paint to match my 06 Fusion, to paint some used Fusion side panels I bought. Will it stick well to these? The paint shop said they could mix some up to closely match my hood, but couldn't put it in cans, because of too much flake. It wouldn't spray correctly they said. Let me know what you find out. Truthfully I think any metallic black Poo uses will be better than the crappy flat black plastic panels on the Fuse. 98 Indy 500 and 02 XC both had metallic black didn't they? Let me know what you can find out, and thanks. Dave

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 29 2005, 06:19 AM
Dave I need the black metallic paint to match my 06 Fusion, to paint some used Fusion side panels I bought. Will it stick well to these? The paint shop said they could mix some up to closely match my hood, but couldn't put it in cans, because of too much flake. It wouldn't spray correctly they said. Let me know what you find out. Truthfully I think any metallic black Poo uses will be better than the crappy flat black plastic panels on the Fuse. 98 Indy 500 and 02 XC both had metallic black didn't they? Let me know what you can find out, and thanks. Dave
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=898693
[/quote]
2859078-177 metallic black, -293 for Indy Red. for 10 oz. aerosol paint. approx. $11 each, you must buy 2 at a time, plus shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts