Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF POLARIS MAKES SNOWMOBILE OIL THAT THE OIL ITSELF IS BLUE IN COLOR. THE REASON IM ASKING I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 700 EDGE AND I WASN'T SURE HOW OLD THE OIL WAS OR IF IT WAS VES2 SO I SIPHONED THE OLD STUFF OUT AND NOTICED IT WAS BLUE AND THE VES2 I PUT IN WAS GOLD COLORED.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The dark Blue stuff is just regular injection oil just gums up the VES qwicker than the VES oil. Polaris oil isn't the best try switching Amsoil or Legend ZX-2R

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yea that could be a few oils. I know castrol non synthetic is blue so is the older amsoil 2 stroke racing oil. Interceptor and VES II are golden. We run amsoil in all our sled (dads a dealer) and everyone that runs factory oils (polaris apv bomby yamalube) that switched to amsoil says they notice a difference when cleaning the engine and pulling plugs. Polaris VESII is ok but I would say run amsoil interceptor. You will have to clean you exhaust valve twice-three times as much with the VESII.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I am running amsoil intercepter , after 1700 miles the valves had less on then then VES II with 600 miles! cost less and smells better! Not that I can smell it when I am rideing it....the Skidoo syn oil is the worst smelling stuff on the market!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ipone is also Blue but if you have started it you would recognize the smell of that oil...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Ipone is brite blue and strong sweet smelling. Good stuff I have been using. The Interceptor seems to get the vote on HCS.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Originally posted by xc-mark@Aug 28 2005, 08:01 PM
I am running amsoil intercepter , after 1700 miles the valves had less on then then VES II with 600 miles!  cost less and smells better! Not that I can smell it when I am rideing it....the Skidoo syn oil is the worst smelling stuff on the market!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851230
[/quote]
All the talk on Amsoil had me going to my local Polaris dealer today.His Polaris VES11 oil is $32/gal and the Amsoil right next to it is $32/gallon. I see many posts that says Amsoil is much cheaper-where?????

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by pete/ny@Sep 2 2005, 07:58 PM
All the talk on Amsoil had me going to my local Polaris dealer today.His Polaris VES11 oil is $32/gal and the Amsoil right next to it is $32/gallon. I see many posts that says Amsoil is much cheaper-where?????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859061
[/quote]
You can get amsoil interceptor at haydays for $19 gallon. At least thats what I paid the last 2 years.I will be getting myself another case this year. I'm sure if there are any big shows out by you that you can get it alot cheaper then that. Contact the sponsor on here who sells it. Even with shipping it should be cheaper then that. :div20:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by nickels@Sep 2 2005, 09:31 PM
Contact the sponsor on here who sells it. Even with shipping it should be cheaper then that.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859209
[/quote]

Yes definately less expensive than that. Check out the Sponsor and Group Buy section for more details.

And, BTW the current Amsoil HPInjector is also blue.

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by o2man98@Sep 2 2005, 09:49 PM
Yes definately less expensive than that. Check out the Sponsor and Group Buy section for more details.
And, BTW the current Amsoil HPInjector is also blue.

Ken
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859227
[/quote]
I always forget about the group buy page. Go check it out Pete he has all the prices listed.Much cheaper then your dealer. :Wow1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts