Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Polaris rmk pro-2014 800, and I was riding it last weekend when all of sudden the gauge went out. I lost brake lights, check engine, reverse lights, temp, rpm, the entire thing. I thought it was weird so I went home for the day. Once home I switched hoods to see if it was my gauge that went out but it still didn't work with a functioning hood. I then switched the voltage regulator between the two sleds to see if it wasn't getting enough volts and that wasn't it. I have gone through my entire wiring harness and cannot seem to find anything wrong as well. It is also weird because the snowmobile still shuts off with the key and the headlights still work. Just curious if anyone can offer any insight on this issue or help me out! Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
400 Posts
I’d try your hood on the other sled just to be absolutely certain the gauge works.
Next,I would swap the battery with a known good one. Weak batteries cause weird things to happen.
Finally, I’d start swapping fuses and relays. The load shed relays can also make strange things happen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d try your hood on the other sled just to be absolutely certain the gauge works.
Next,I would swap the battery with a known good one. Weak batteries cause weird things to happen.
Finally, I’d start swapping fuses and relays. The load shed relays can also make strange things happen.

Thanks for the input! I already did try my hood on another sled and it worked on theirs. I went through all my fuses and they all seemed fine. also, I don't think my sled has a battery it runs off the stater? I'm also not certain as to where the relays are located on the sled to check those, but I will check them next!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! I already did try my hood on another sled and it worked on theirs. I went through all my fuses and they all seemed fine. also, I don't think my sled has a battery it runs off the stater? I'm also not certain as to where the relays are located on the sled to check those, but I will check them next!

Thanks!
It was my clutch side relays thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts