Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this question has been asked a dozen times but I have not been able to find an answer so I'll have to ask it again. I have a 2005 Edge Touring with a 600 Liberty engine. It overheated last week and went into protection mode for about 3-5 mins.

After that, the sled was not running correctly for the rest of the trip. I could not gun the throttle, I had to rev it up a little and once the clutch engaged it seemed to run fine with decent power. However, I could not get it above about 40 MPH. I was only doing family trail riding so 40 MPH was fine for the rest of the trip (about 60 miles).

I tested both cylinders and have 120 PSI in both. The sled starts and idles fine. I pulled the spark plug wire off each plug, one at a time, and the engine does stay running but rough. I replaced the temp sensor. It is not acting like it is still in protection mode. It still bogs if I gun the throttle.

Any suggestions :dunno:

·
Registered
39,969 Posts
Never mind, last paragraph just popped in. Wondering now if any of the carb to air box vent lines came loose. Make sure the temp sensor junction plug to the main cdi harness has clean contacts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts