Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some feedback on the 2021 600SP or is a person better of spending the extra money and upgrading to the XC in the AXIS chassis.I'm just the average groomed trail rider but sometimes i like to really giver.Thanks for the info.(y)

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 600 SP is the axys chassis, you will love it. The only difference is non-reservoir shocks and different colors.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The indy 600 is a very good trail sled and plenty fast.... The 2019 and up has the pro c
suspension in the rear which is very good. The indy xc 129 is even better with the fully
adjustable front shocks. Find out where you can take a free test ride on the sleds of your
choice. Another good and cheaper choice is the pro-ride chassis indy 600, pretty much
the same sled but the skid is smaller and the suspension on the pro-ride is stiffer. Do a search
and you tube has plenty of reviews on the polaris indy 600.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The indy 600 is a very good trail sled and plenty fast.... The 2019 and up has the pro c
suspension in the rear which is very good. The indy xc 129 is even better with the fully
adjustable front shocks. Find out where you can take a free test ride on the sleds of your
choice. Another good and cheaper choice is the pro-ride chassis indy 600, pretty much
the same sled but the skid is smaller and the suspension on the pro-ride is stiffer. Do a search
and you tube has plenty of reviews on the polaris indy 600.
Thanks.Waiting to get some decent snow so i can hopefully go demo one.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The Indy SP really has my interest; too bad you cannot get an Indy SP 850. I would love to get an Indy SP 850 and add some Elka Stage II shocks the next season.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with an Indy SP for value. It comes standard with ES and decent shocks. For the average trail rider it's plenty of sled. The 600 is a good engine, bulletproof and reliable, although not the most efficient.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with an Indy SP for value. It comes standard with ES and decent shocks. For the average trail rider it's plenty of sled. The 600 is a good engine, bulletproof and reliable, although not the most efficient.
The Liberty 600 is a good engine and fine for most snowmobilers; but it isn't enticing enough to get some of us to switch brands to save $400. Whereas, the snotty 840 is far more tempting.

For comparison:

• 2021 600 INDY SP 129: $11,199 US MSRP
  • 2021 600R TNT 129: $11,599 US MSRP (plus the option of adding an Ice Ripper track at extra cost)
  • 2021 850 TNT 129: $13,149 US MSRP
  • 2021 6000 ZR Limited: $13,245 (in season price with a 137" track and QS3 shocks)
  • 2021 8000 ZR Limited: $14,595 (in season price with a 137" track and QS3 shocks)

If anything, the above shows that Cat needs a value sled with basic, rebuildable shocks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Liberty 600 is a good engine and fine for most snowmobilers; but it isn't enticing enough to get some of us to switch brands to save $400. Whereas, the snotty 840 is far more tempting.

For comparison:

• 2021 600 INDY SP 129: $11,199 US MSRP
  • 2021 600R TNT 129: $11,599 US MSRP (plus the option of adding an Ice Ripper track at extra cost)
  • 2021 850 TNT 129: $13,149 US MSRP
  • 2021 6000 ZR Limited: $13,245 (in season price with a 137" track and QS3 shocks)
  • 2021 8000 ZR Limited: $14,595 (in season price with a 137" track and QS3 shocks)

If anything, the above shows that Cat needs a value sled with basic, rebuildable shocks.
True. I think the SP needs to be about $1000 cheaper if they want to be more competitive, since that doo 600R motor is pretty sweet I hear.

Maybe they will start offering the 650 in the SP at some point and then they would be more comparable.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
True. I think the SP needs to be about $1000 cheaper if they want to be more competitive, since that doo 600R motor is pretty sweet I hear.

Maybe they will start offering the 650 in the SP at some point and then they would be more comparable.
I've ridden the Liberty 600 and Rotax 600R back to back; the 600R is definitely quicker and more responsive, 0-80 MPH, the 600R feels like the old 800 ETEC. And I am sure that new Polaris 650 is even better than the Rotax 600R.

Lower pricing, track options, and motor options on the Indy SP would be hard for me to turn down. Again, nothing is wrong with the Liberty 600 but it's not enough to entice many of us to switch brands.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've owned the 600 sp in the Pro Ride chassis (121) and currently have (2) 2020 600 sp 137 in the Axys chassis,the Axys chassis is hands down, better than the Pro Ride. Both chassis are a little too soft suspension wise for me. As far as price, I've found alot of that has to do with your dealer and how much business you do with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally seen the 2021 600sp at local dealer. Seems like a very good sled for the price. Dealer was very helpful and spent alot of time going over things. Now i have to decide if i get it now or wait until spring and order it and get the 4 year warranty seeing how we really can't ride yet. Beautiful looking sled with the graphics just wish they would have put the same ones on the 137.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Finally seen the 2021 600sp at local dealer. Seems like a very good sled for the price. Dealer was very helpful and spent alot of time going over things. Now i have to decide if i get it now or wait until spring and order it and get the 4 year warranty seeing how we really can't ride yet. Beautiful looking sled with the graphics just wish they would have put the same ones on the 137.
You may be able to purchase additional warranty if you buy the one on the dealer floor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could purchase the sled for 10700 from the dealer and he quoted me 1200 for the extended warranty so i may just wait to spring order.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Shop around, you can get the warranty from another dealer. How long is it? $1,200 sounds incredibly high for a 600cc machine.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yes. 5 years total. Bumper to bumper.
It would be tempting to buy a new Polaris with ski tip to snow flap warranty and put a million miles on it. Although, I usually keep my sleds for 4 years and offering the second owner a year of warranty would really help with re-sale.

Is the 5 year warranty transferable???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know if it is or isn't. That i will have to find out if i go that route because that would really help when it's time to get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts