Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy Polaris had some great deals on 2006 and 2007 sleds. All the dealers had them but never advertised the prices. Ronds had the most maybe 40-60. 2006 had 300 miles went for $5,900 and 2007 were brand new for $6,900. Other Polaris delaers had about dozen or so. Came from US dealers that went bankrupt. I bet there is tons left at the factory so more deals will be coming.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Ya...I noticed the same sled I just bought in Brandon for $1400 less at Ronds, not to mention a 900 Switchback that I would have taken over my 600 for even 600 less then mine......guess I jumped the gun, but still happy with my POO!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
poor poo... they must be having a hard time selling the 08's if they have all these 06's and 07's to sell... people would rather buy the 1 or 2 year old sled for half the money

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
poor poo... they must be having a hard time selling the 08's if they have all these 06's and 07's to sell... people would rather buy the 1 or 2 year old sled for half the money[/b]
Might wanna check your Doo dealer too...I saw a 07 800 Rev for around $7900 as well, but I refuse to give those bastards anymore of my money...rather support Polaris that BRP that refused to lower prices with the stronger dollar!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Might wanna check your Doo dealer too...I saw a 07 800 Rev for around $7900 as well, but I refuse to give those bastards anymore of my money...rather support Polaris that BRP that refused to lower prices with the stronger dollar![/b]
It is not just BRP they all should lower their prices to reflect our strong dollar will be interesting to see pricing in the spring.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
It is not just BRP they all should lower their prices to reflect our strong dollar will be interesting to see pricing in the spring.[/b]
Ya, but it was just something about a Canadian company screwing Canadians. If I want to drive 2 hours to save $3000, then why punish me and the U.S. dealer? I belive in supporting our own, but not when it's that much of a financial hit...that's not supporting me!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The Americans have had a strong dollar for a very long time,,and strangely have had low prices compared to our weak dollar.
You'd think the person who could afford to pay the least would get the lowest price,,but not so.
As far as i know,,canadian dealers have to pay for their inventory straight up,,so i can understand them not wanting to decrease their margins.

American dealers who pay at the time of sale,should be in a better financial situation.

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
Boy Polaris had some great deals on 2006 and 2007 sleds. All the dealers had them but never advertised the prices. Ronds had the most maybe 40-60. 2006 had 300 miles went for $5,900 and 2007 were brand new for $6,900. Other Polaris dealers had about dozen or so. Came from US dealers that went bankrupt. I bet there is tons left at the factory so more deals will be coming.[/b]
Was at Roseau on Saturday. A person who I know that works at the factory pointed out to me that their stock of non current sleds has moved quite well. The stock in the stockyard is down in numbers considerably. They have had good sales this year and so has Cat.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Boy Polaris had some great deals on 2006 and 2007 sleds. All the dealers had them but never advertised the prices. Ronds had the most maybe 40-60. 2006 had 300 miles went for $5,900 and 2007 were brand new for $6,900. Other Polaris delaers had about dozen or so. Came from US dealers that went bankrupt. I bet there is tons left at the factory so more deals will be coming.[/b]

Just called Rond's (Jan.2) and they are selling brand new 07 600 CFI for $8999, and a demo CFI for $8499.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I know the new prices are $1,000 higher. Seems lots of Polaris got sold the 2006, 2007 and 2008. Too bad teh deals were all so secreat but there were so many of them. Anyone know of good Yamaha deals like int eh US here in Canada 2007 Ragfe GT for 6,700 and same price for 2006 Attack both brand new in a few US dealers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
1. #1 objective of the manufacturers - price the product to what the market will bear (or, put up with). Unfortunately, the Canadian $$ at par messed things up for them. And although you are seeing some price rebates, the manufacturer's are a stubborn bunch - you need to make your sales targets for your shareholders.

2. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY - YOUR MONEY!!!! - the manufacturer's and dealer are in business and yes, let's support the local dealership, but for $3,000 - I'm sorry, but I am also in business, working my ass off for the net tax dollars, and just like business - TRYING TO KEEP MY COSTS DOWN!!! So, why do the manufacturers have a hard time understanding this. At a .75 or .80 Canadian dollar, we accepted the exchange because we understood the argument that "it's the exchange rate". At Par, it's just a wee bit difficult to see the price spread justify giving up $3,000, $2,000, or $1,000. And no Canadian dealer is buying product from the manufacturer's in Canadian dollars as the U.S. dollar has been the currency to trade in for a long time.

3. Dealers in the U.S. and Canada get what is called floorplan financing on their wholesale inventory - just like auto dealers (the Internet provides lots of info when you search it with the right combination of words). And yes, the cost for this financing comes from manufacturers, who have calculated this in (as the internet says or the stock market sites talk about) "gross margin". And just like the auto dealers - more retail = volume discounts. With the sale of the 2007, 2006, 20005 models, I am pretty sure that dealers get rebates for these (sort of like the auto industry) to help them get their volume discounts and clean out the carryover inventory's. Though, too bad for those who ordered lots of sleds and paid the price of going out of business.

4. And, with the additional sales come the parts, the service, the clothing, the oil, and if they treat you right, more business - maybe the ATV, maybe the watercraft, maybe the motorcycle, the boat, and so on, and so on.

5. It will be interesting to see what 2009 pricing will be should the dollar remain at par. But, remember, even if the manufacturer's Canadian pricing were close to the U.S., should the Canadian dollar takes a dive, every manufacturer will be quick to tell us the "Unfortunately, due to the change in the exchange rate, we have to change the suggested retail pricing to $$$$$$$" - quick to bump it up, but slow to bring it down.

So, I applaud all those that continue to voice their opinion for themselves, and their fellow sledders. There is nothing wrong with standing up for ourselves and challenging the pricing. Without us, the North American manufacturer's would not have had the sales and infrastructure to support the other major portion of their business - ATV's (another forum; another topic). And, keep on looking for the deals - ITS THE CANADIAN THING TO DO !!

Take care,

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Polaris mailed out this past week a Loyalty Rebate offer for current Polaris Owners to reffer up to 5 of their friends. If you purchase a NEW snowmobile by March 14, 2008 - you get a $100 rebate, and so do I. I have 5 of these Coupons. If anyone is interested in one who WILL be purchasing a new machine - please contact me, and I can send you one to save $100 (Rebate).

·
Registered
585 Posts
1. #1 objective of the manufacturers - price the product to what the market will bear (or, put up with). Unfortunately, the Canadian $$ at par messed things up for them. And although you are seeing some price rebates, the manufacturer's are a stubborn bunch - you need to make your sales targets for your shareholders.

2. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY - YOUR MONEY!!!! - the manufacturer's and dealer are in business and yes, let's support the local dealership, but for $3,000 - I'm sorry, but I am also in business, working my ass off for the net tax dollars, and just like business - TRYING TO KEEP MY COSTS DOWN!!! So, why do the manufacturers have a hard time understanding this. At a .75 or .80 Canadian dollar, we accepted the exchange because we understood the argument that "it's the exchange rate". At Par, it's just a wee bit difficult to see the price spread justify giving up $3,000, $2,000, or $1,000. And no Canadian dealer is buying product from the manufacturer's in Canadian dollars as the U.S. dollar has been the currency to trade in for a long time.

3. Dealers in the U.S. and Canada get what is called floorplan financing on their wholesale inventory - just like auto dealers (the Internet provides lots of info when you search it with the right combination of words). And yes, the cost for this financing comes from manufacturers, who have calculated this in (as the internet says or the stock market sites talk about) "gross margin". And just like the auto dealers - more retail = volume discounts. With the sale of the 2007, 2006, 20005 models, I am pretty sure that dealers get rebates for these (sort of like the auto industry) to help them get their volume discounts and clean out the carryover inventory's. Though, too bad for those who ordered lots of sleds and paid the price of going out of business.

4. And, with the additional sales come the parts, the service, the clothing, the oil, and if they treat you right, more business - maybe the ATV, maybe the watercraft, maybe the motorcycle, the boat, and so on, and so on.

5. It will be interesting to see what 2009 pricing will be should the dollar remain at par. But, remember, even if the manufacturer's Canadian pricing were close to the U.S., should the Canadian dollar takes a dive, every manufacturer will be quick to tell us the "Unfortunately, due to the change in the exchange rate, we have to change the suggested retail pricing to $$$$$$$" - quick to bump it up, but slow to bring it down.

So, I applaud all those that continue to voice their opinion for themselves, and their fellow sledders. There is nothing wrong with standing up for ourselves and challenging the pricing. Without us, the North American manufacturer's would not have had the sales and infrastructure to support the other major portion of their business - ATV's (another forum; another topic). And, keep on looking for the deals - ITS THE CANADIAN THING TO DO !!

Take care,

Bob[/b]
I'm also a business owner in Manitoba, and I try my best to support local businesses, but come on manufacturers... get your head out of your #$$! Here is what I have bought in the last 60 to 90 days from a dealer in USA:

NEW 2007 Arctic Cat DVX 400 ATV - paid $3,900 - Dealers here are asking $6,800 to $7,200. I will not say how I got a new one, but can tell you, I picked it up in the crate!

5 NEW Arctic Cat jackets, pricing from $76.00 to $84.00. Dealers want $199.00 to $329.00.

NEW Arctic Cat carbon fibre helmet - paid $160.00. Dealers want $400+.

NEW hood for the kids Kitty Cat - paid $55.00. Dealers want $160.00.

I really feel for the dealers, because they are the ones that are really getting screwed. But, for any dealer principals or employees that are reading this... maybe stop treating the people that are taking advantage of the US deals right now like crap. This market variance cannot last forever, and many dealers have pissed alot of people off with saying they will not fix sleds or offer any assistance to those who purchased in the USA. Keep in mind these are potential customers, maybe if you treat them properly, when the market changes, they will appreciate your quality service and buy from you in the future.

Furthermore, all we here at the dealership is there is no money in selling the sled, all the money is in service and accessories. Then why are you so upset that you are losing the sale of the iron? And why are you pissing people off when they come and want to give you money where you claim the majority of your profit comes from? I have heard so many stories about people going to Rond's, Transcona TS, Headingley SS just to name a few, with there sleds purchased from the states only to be told "well, I hope you can wait 4 to 6 weeks"! That's crap, and you know it.

Don't give me the "well how would you feel". Tell me honestly that if you had the chance to save over $3,000.00 on a $7,000.00 purchase for the exact same product, you wouldn't take advantage of it? I own a printing company, if I came to you and told you I could save you 40% on all your printed materials, the end product would be exactly the same, would you really care where it came from? Can you actually stand up and tell me that you have not been to USA and bought something down there because it was cheaper?

Stop blaming all of us consumers for your troubles, and get on the manufacturers - they are the real problem here.

I say Canadians get together and stand up for ourselves! Don't pre-order ANY 2009 products from Arctic Cat, Polaris, Yamahahahahaha or BRP (worst of the bunch) - until they give Canadians pricing that is somewhere at least close to our buddies down south. I'm not naive, I realize there is more shipping costs, and of course RIV has to get their piece of the pie, but somewhere close would be nice - not $3,000 to $4,000 difference. I'm not asking for the same pricing, just something close - like how about $750.00 difference across the board for all product lines? And accessories, maybe a 5% to 10% difference.

All those in favour, say f'n eh!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts