Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Without the Union I couldn’t afford the buy a Snowmobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont have a union and I can afford a new sled when I want one. I dont buy a new truck every year or get the latest I phone every year though. a reliable sled is what I want so I make that my priority (after putting food on the table of course)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thinking out loud but wasn't it the auto unions who drove out the manufacturing capabilities of the U.S in the 1st place? I'm talking items like wire harnesses, audio equipment, electronics and components (i.e. sensors and such). Aren't most engine components, cranks, pistons, cams, etc made outside the U.S as well? Isn't that because during the Detroit haydays the unions forced the big 3 to source items elsewhere due to their high cost of goods directly tied to higher labor rates/pensions?

I think the recreational industry (Polaris, cat, etc) are sort of locked into existing automotive suppliers for those larger items and they themselves aren't big enough to influence a supplier to make there items in 1 country or another?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ya the tariffs suck but so did every politician before Trump laying down for other country's demands. It sucks we have to go through this. It sucks that corn and soybean prices are in the shitter because of it. It sucks. BUT IT NEEDED TO BE DONE. The U.S.A. has been getting the short end of the stick for to long. China is suffering bigly. The dirty tricks china played need to stop. Suffer before we can heal. Hopefully....:glare:

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,261 Posts
The hard part is going to be for companies, like Polaris who threaten to move, to tow the line and let the Tariff's do their job - get China to start playing fair. Not that I think they ever will......

·
Registered
613 Posts
From my take on the article its hard for Poo to tow the line when BRP, Honda and such who are very serious competitors don't pay the tariffs. Poo has done a good job taking on a much larger Honda and Yamaha in the dirt side and has been beating them for a few yrs. BRP dirt products appear to have really come on strong in the last few yrs as well. How does 1 compete with the hugely unfair advantage?

The hard part is going to be for companies, like Polaris who threaten to move, to tow the line and let the Tariff's do their job - get China to start playing fair. Not that I think they ever will......

·
Premium Member
13,905 Posts

·
Registered
39,592 Posts
What does is tell you about our regulatory and labor practices when it 's cheaper to raise animals in the US, ship them 10,000 miles to china to be processed and the shipped back for sale. W T F?
Heck, just buy all your food at wally world and eliminate the middle man.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I'm not smart enough to know all the details on these tariffs but I hope its like when I replaced my furnace, it was a hit to the bank account year one but now the pay back is over and saving will continue for many years to come.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts