Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running a 087 belt or the new 115 belt ? over the last few seasons with all the clutching mod I have been searching for a way to keep it running hard but keep the belt wear to a min..... My belts are good for around 700 mile and they start to show wear (cords hanging out of the side and is about .050 ~ .070" narrower then stock) heavy belt dust on the clutch side. I have always used the stock 080 belt ,never blown one or had it run really hot .

I know the IQ owners have had there fair share of belt problems so I posted my question here but I want to find a better belt for my prox. The prox uses a 080 as the stock belt .

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
anyone running a 087 belt or the new 115 belt ? over the last few seasons with all the clutching mod I have been searching for a way to keep it running hard but keep the belt wear to a min..... My belts are good for around 700 mile and they start to show wear (cords hanging out of the side and is about .050 ~ .070" narrower then stock) heavy belt dust on the clutch side. I have always used the stock 080 belt ,never blown one or had it run really hot .
I know the IQ owners have had there fair share of belt problems so I posted my question here but I want to find a better belt for my prox. The prox uses a 080 as the stock belt .[/b]
The 321 1087 is simply the close tolerance version of the 321 1080 belt. The lengths and widths, of 1087 belts are much more consistent than the tolerances allowed for the 1080. Racers and people doing clutch tuning, like to be able to change a belt without having to readjust belt tension/sheave clearance and even then, still have a slightly different ratio.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I've had the 1115 on my 660 Switchback for almost 400 miles. The belt was broken in as recommended. It's worn .005" since new. I haven't needed to adjust deflection like the 080. The clutches run smooth and clean. I've gotten no belt stink or slippage. Last weekend after a long WOT pull in warm temps, the clutches were about 110 degrees. So far this belt is living up to the hype.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had the 1115 on my 660 Switchback for almost 400 miles. The belt was broken in as recommended. It's worn .005" since new. I haven't needed to adjust deflection like the 080. The clutches run smooth and clean. I've gotten no belt stink or slippage. Last weekend after a long WOT pull in warm temps, the clutches were about 110 degrees. So far this belt is living up to the hype.[/b]

sounds like its worth trying one , do you think the compound of this belt will effect the clutching? Do you know if its a direct fit , will I have to reshim the primary ?

·
Mr. Part Time-On Line
35,159 Posts
I've had the 1115 on my 660 Switchback for almost 400 miles. The belt was broken in as recommended. It's worn .005" since new. I haven't needed to adjust deflection like the 080. The clutches run smooth and clean. I've gotten no belt stink or slippage. Last weekend after a long WOT pull in warm temps, the clutches were about 110 degrees. So far this belt is living up to the hype.[/b]
What is the recommended way to break a belt in?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
What is the recommended way to break a belt in?[/b]
i beleive they say u should take it easy on it for 25-30 so u sont overheat it i right away. they say there supposed to last longer then.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
How about the 098 belt? its alittle wider than the 080 belt. How do you think that belt shift? how about slippage against the 080?[/b]
I use the belt on my 700 pro x. Runs cooler and runs out just like the 080 did.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know about the 115 belt. I got the free one from Polaris and it only last about 85 miles. I've got the proper clutching done, broke the belt in and everything. I won't spend the money on those belts!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.