Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running a 087 belt or the new 115 belt ? over the last few seasons with all the clutching mod I have been searching for a way to keep it running hard but keep the belt wear to a min..... My belts are good for around 700 mile and they start to show wear (cords hanging out of the side and is about .050 ~ .070" narrower then stock) heavy belt dust on the clutch side. I have always used the stock 080 belt ,never blown one or had it run really hot .

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I hear nothing but good about the 1115. Near indestructable. I read on snowest where some guy with a modded 900 RMK was offered one to test last year. He went from destroying a belt in 3-4 hard pulls up a mountain, to finishing out the rest of of the year with one 1115. You should ask the Fuser guys about it. Maybe they can give you the link to the snowest thread.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
it is a direct replacement for the stock belt on a 900 rmk/fusion. so with that said if the 1080 is the stock belt on said sleds than yes it will work for you. keep in mind it is very expensive, 160ish. the design of this new belt is totally different im told (havent actually seen one) and is made by a new vendor for polaris. the name is something like mitsubishi or something like that...dont think its anything to do with the car manufacturer, but close to the same spelling.
hope this helps, and yes there is a very good read about it on snowest forums.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If you are wearing out your belts in 700 miles then your clutching/gearing is off. I'd gear down a bit. I easily get 1500 miles on my 600VE with hardly any wear. Same with my X2, and I don't baby either sled. Also running your sled before the belt warms up wears them quickly. The 1115 belts have deeper cogs, both top and bottom, compared to the 080 belts. They are pricey though. I see them on ebay for alot cheaper than a dealer would sell them over the counter. 086 and 087 belts are the close tolerance belts also, they should last longer than the 080.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are wearing out your belts in 700 miles then your clutching/gearing is off. I'd gear down a bit. I easily get 1500 miles on my 600VE with hardly any wear. Same with my X2, and I don't baby either sled. Also running your sled before the belt warms up wears them quickly. The 1115 belts have deeper cogs, both top and bottom, compared to the 080 belts. They are pricey though. I see them on ebay for alot cheaper than a dealer would sell them over the counter. 086 and 087 belts are the close tolerance belts also, they should last longer than the 080.[/b]

23/43 gearing.... that not the issue, I had a red/blue spring in the secondary... I changed that to black/green or a black/red this fall .(more testing) 10-66 with a 140-320 primary spring and a 719 helix in the secondary on the steep ramp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts