Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
i have the hose hooked up and am going to inject 10 mls of full synthetic, this is fine correct? and how often do you guys do it?[/b]
It is not absolutely necessary to inject oil in the center bearing of an '07 440 but it definatly won't hurt anything, in fact it will likely make the motor last longer. If it were mine and I wanted to squirt some oil in the center bearing cavity I would inject 5ml every time I refueled. 10ml would work too and 10ml wouldn't be excessive or hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
All bolts out, there are 2 alignment pins in there so you have to open is relatively straight without cocking it, and use a rubber mallet to tap it open.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i did this mod today and i was wondering if i did it right i drilled the hole in the edge of the block just over 1/2 an inch like the picture and this might me a stupid question but are you supposed to see anything through the hole?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased a 2004 Pro XR 440. I have completed the case mod but I would like to split the case and repack the bearing that are an issue. Is there a existing thread that goes over the tear down, maintenance of bearings and assembly of this engine? Thanks guys.

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts