Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am finally getting around to putting the sled back together after putting it off for months. I replaced the shaft bearings jack and drive. The little orings that go on the chaincase side inside those collars i am having problems with. I installed the collar on the drive shaft then tried to put new o-ring on. should it go inside the collar or will it work its way in when i tightened everything up. hope you guys can help. thanks todd :beerchug:

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you can't get the coller on with the 0 ring installed first ( I never can) , it will go in after , if you have something small enough to push it in .

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just put it against the collar and put it together i am hoping that when i tightened everything it worked its way in. crossed my fingers while doing it. lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ace, is it the driveshaft or the jackshaft your having trouble with? I sliced up an o-ring sliding the jackshaft into the gearcase on my 700. Leave the secondary clutch side loose, put the o-ring in first and then ease it in. If its the lower shaft I'm no help, the 700 doesn't have a collar/o-ring on the drive shaft.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have both shafts in and tightened now but have not put suspension back in nor chaincase gears or cover on. i am starting to think i should have taken the time and used something to poke the o-ring into the collar instead of hoping for the best. who votes for take it apart and who votes for put cover on and put oil in it and see. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am going to pull out the jackshaft and check it. if its ok i am going to fill the case and check for oil leaks. if the jackshaft one is not in properly i will take the drive apart. i cant believe i did that i am usually very carefull and very picky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.