Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
just a reminder noticed alot of tracks on my way in and out of camp 14
on the plowed roads. illlegal to ride them !
bgblock[/b]
We saw a bunch of assholes parking on Morton Cutoff last week. Good way to ruin it for the rest of the law abiding sledders.

TB

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
We parked only like a mile in on Kennebago on sunday, how far should we park? At the hydro?? Only reason we didnt go farther, was because we werent familiar with the area, and it looked like nobody had driven down it, just sleds so we didnt want to get too far in..

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
We parked only like a mile in on Kennebago on sunday, how far should we park? At the hydro?? Only reason we didnt go farther, was because we werent familiar with the area, and it looked like nobody had driven down it, just sleds so we didnt want to get too far in..[/b]

well... first off if your to retarded to see about 100 sighns that say "no snowmobiles" and drive right past them on your sled you probly shouldnt be riding :frech32: its just comon sence, we have limited places to ride, and probly the best area you go to and dont even bother with what the sighns say, its obviously not to be taken lightly there is a "NO SNOWMOBILNG" sighn about every 100 feet, literaly, I wish the guy that plowed that road would have caught you!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Wow buddy calm down, and actually we only drove by one that i saw. Dont tell me you do no wrong. It was a mistake, and now i know that the signs are there, if you would give out one little bit of info so nothing will get closed, how far in should i park.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Wow buddy calm down, and actually we only drove by one that i saw. Dont tell me you do no wrong. It was a mistake, and now i know that the signs are there, if you would give out one little bit of info so nothing will get closed, how far in should i park.[/b]

park at the hydro and stay out of the way of the road for logging trucks and lowbeds to get by ... there was an issue there last year' a lowbed with a harvester on couldnt make the corner because idiots were parked along edge of road

in thoughts of your other post about following the other tracks .. you kid are just another dipshit... think next time

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Wow buddy calm down, and actually we only drove by one that i saw. Dont tell me you do no wrong. It was a mistake, and now i know that the signs are there, if you would give out one little bit of info so nothing will get closed, how far in should i park.[/b]

K any one just not obayin the rules/laws of that area realy makes me mad, but if it was a mistake just dont do it again, a good/comon area to unload is that four way intersection you said u came up to, im not 100% if it stsill kenabago river rd but its where Tim pond rd turns into lincoln pond rd, alot fo people unload there, but i dont think you will be able to get there from Kenabago river rd, because where the road crosses the lake it gets some huge drifts and a truck would deffinitly get stuck, so its easier to go in through Eustis :div20: have fun, and follow the sighns next time, and pray for alil more snow :fluffy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
HEH they should be glad I wasnt driving the truck.....I wouldve done the old just point and shoot and of course not look back, then they would have nothing to park their in the way, maybe some common sense or should i say uncommon sense because its becoming so uncommon.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We saw a bunch of assholes parking on Morton Cutoff last week. Good way to ruin it for the rest of the law abiding sledders.

TB[/b]
This is what posting pictures and directions will get you..........my .02

By the way, there were some problems with sledders over the holiday week--Keep pissing them off and there will be no where to ride..........THESE AREAS ARE GONNA GET SHUT DOWN.
EDIT: Not talking about TB either (sorry had to make that clear)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not saying much but i did see vehicles with trailers at morton cutoff and burnt mtn and lincoln pd
parked rite next to no parking signs .
whats up with that ??
bgblock

·
Registered
19 Posts

Nice comeback! I think we might have run a plowed road up in Jackman to get to where we needed to go but I never did see any no snowmobile signs. I guess I am still a little unsure as to rather or not all plowed roads are completely off limits?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here's a quick lesson for those of you who registered your sled, and then promptly threw the rule book in the round file:

4. Unlawfully operating snowmobile on plowed road. A person may not operate a snowmobile upon any plowed private road, or public road plowed privately without public compensation, after having been forbidden to do so by the owner thereof, the owner's agent or a municipal official, either personally or by appropriate notices posted conspicuously on that road.

MY SIDE NOTE: If you don't know, don't go. As with every other form of land use, you should get information and permission before you go.

5. Operating snowmobile on public way. Except as provided in subsection 4 and this subsection, a person may not operate a snowmobile upon the main traveled portion, the sidewalks or the plowed snowbanks of a public way.

A. A properly registered snowmobile may be operated on a public way only the distance necessary, but in no case to exceed 300 yards, on the extreme right of the traveled way for the purpose of crossing, as directly as possible, a public way, sidewalk or culvert.

B. A properly registered snowmobile may be operated on a public way only the distance necessary, but in no case to exceed 500 yards, on the extreme right of the traveled way for the sole purpose of crossing, as directly as possible, a bridge, overpass or underpass,
provided that that operation can be made in safety and that it does not interfere with vehicular traffic approaching from either direction on the public way.

C. A snowmobile may be operated on any portion of a public way when the public way has been closed in accordance with Title 23, section 2953.

D. If the main traveled portion of a public way is publicly plowed and utilized by conventional motor vehicles, a snowmobile may be operated only on that portion of the way not maintained or utilized for the operation of conventional motor vehicles, except that operation on the left side of the way is prohibited during the hours from sunset to sunrise on the portion of the way not maintained or utilized for the operation of conventional motor vehicles. This paragraph does not apply to a snowmobile operated by a public utility regulated by the Public Utilities Commission while being operated in the course of the utility's corporate function, so that public utilities may effectively and speedily carry out their obligations to the public.

E. A snowmobile may be operated on streets and public ways during a period of emergency when the emergency has been so declared by a police agency having jurisdiction and when travel by conventional motor vehicles is not practicable. This paragraph does not apply to a snowmobile operated by a public utility regulated by the Public Utilities Commission while being operated in the course of the utility's corporate function, so that public utilities may effectively and speedily carry out their obligations to the public.

F. A snowmobile may be operated on streets and public ways in special snowmobile events of limited duration conducted according to a prearranged schedule and under a permit from the governmental unit having jurisdiction.

G. Notwithstanding paragraphs A to F, a snowmobile may be operated on the extreme right of a public way within the built-up portion of a municipality or unorganized or unincorporated township if the appropriate governmental unit has designated the public way as a snowmobile-access route for the purpose of allowing snowmobiles access to places of business. A public way designated by an appropriate governmental unit as a snowmobile-access route must be posted conspicuously at regular intervals by that governmental unit with highly visible signs designating the snowmobile-access route. Before designating a public way as a snowmobile-access route, the appropriate governmental unit shall make appropriate determinations that snowmobile travel on the extreme right of the public way may be conducted safely and will not interfere with vehicular traffic on the public way. For purposes of this paragraph, "appropriate governmental unit" means the Department of Transportation, county commissioners or municipal officers within their respective jurisdictions. The jurisdiction of each appropriate governmental unit over public ways pursuant to this paragraph is the same as its jurisdiction over the passage of vehicles on public ways pursuant to Title 29-A, section 2395. Municipal or county law enforcement officials having jurisdiction have primary enforcement authority over any route established under this paragraph.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
park at the hydro and stay out of the way of the road for logging trucks and lowbeds to get by ... there was an issue there last year' a lowbed with a harvester on couldnt make the corner because idiots were parked along edge of road[/b]

Thank you for the tip i appreciate it very much..

Here is the thing, I DID NOT see any no snowmobiling signs when we were still in the truck, and the road was NOT plowed. This is why we parked so close to rt. 16.. And the only no snowmobiling sign i saw was at the intersections of tim pond, lincoln pond, and kennebago.. This is why we rode in on the sleds.. I now know that i cant do that, and believe me, if i wouldve known, i wouldnt of done it, i already knew that you couldnt ride plowed roads, but it wasnt plowed, and we didnt see any signs so we unloaded.. But thank you for the info on parking at the Hydro! Sorry for all of the hate i have caused.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Thank you for the tip i appreciate it very much..

Here is the thing, I DID NOT see any no snowmobiling signs when we were still in the truck, and the road was NOT plowed. This is why we parked so close to rt. 16.. And the only no snowmobiling sign i saw was at the intersections of tim pond, lincoln pond, and kennebago.. This is why we rode in on the sleds.. I now know that i cant do that, and believe me, if i wouldve known, i wouldnt of done it, i already knew that you couldnt ride plowed roads, but it wasnt plowed, and we didnt see any signs so we unloaded.. But thank you for the info on parking at the Hydro! Sorry for all of the hate i have caused.[/b]

thats the problem ... they dont have to put signs on them ... its a law throughout the entire state --- if you got caught you would have got a ticket then you would have learned the hard way. but now you know

everyone is going to give you shit, they were never 17 and they never did anything wrong .. but that whole area is very sensative... i think its time everyone knows to drive into the hydro.... and if there isnt any parking left just leave ..... because if the road gets clogged up like last year it will all end up gated off

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a camp on Little Kennebago and have the key to the other road (Kennebago River Rd.) I spoke with the guy who plows to Kennebago Hydro at the end of hunting season and he said they will not hesitate to tow if he has trouble doing what he needs to do to plow. It is not a "public parking" area by any means but they have always been cool about it especially for campowners. Fact is with no snow last year everyone was trying to get to the areas with snow. Word gets out and things get out of hand. Although the road and land is owned by the different groups and companies up there the road itself is maintained by the camp owners association. The people in charge can be real tough to deal with. They are very protective of this area. If people start taking advantage I would not hesitate to believe they will do something ( such as not opening the gate in the winter) Be smart don't park like jackasses and like WhatTrail said if there are too many cars in there DON"T Stay.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
thats the problem ... they dont have to put signs on them ... its a law throughout the entire state --- if you got caught you would have got a ticket then you would have learned the hard way. but now you know

everyone is going to give you shit, they were never 17 and they never did anything wrong .. but that whole area is very sensative... i think its time everyone knows to drive into the hydro.... and if there isnt any parking left just leave ..... because if the road gets clogged up like last year it will all end up gated off[/b]

Thank you! I appreciate it a lot!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts