Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that Yamaha will be replacing the Apex (There top sled) with the Nytro. This magazine said the Nytro is just as powerful and fast as the Apex, but in a much lighter chasis.

Is it possible that Yamaha will phase out the Apex for the Nytro??????

Don't know about you guys but I much rather the look of the Apex then the Nytro. If anybody has any info about this topic please respond.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
If you think the Nytro is getting too close to the Apex in hp, consider an Apex with a 160+ hp. motor and 20 - 40lbs. less weight.

·
Registered
569 Posts
We should know pretty soon, I was talking with my dealer on Saturday and Yamaha is having a big show in upstate NY(Albany) in March. My guess is not this year, reason I say that is because Yamaha does not seem to be having the big dealer show out in Wisconsin this year to show off their stuff. Last year it was a big show and they released the Nytro, I say one more year and that is fine with me because the Attak should have about 5,000 miles on her and I will be looking to upgrade.

They released the Phazer last year, the Nytro this year, Apex maybe next year???

Just my educated guess!

My other anticipation is a 1000 in the new Doo XP chassis, should not be hard or expensive to do and if they do it then I will have a hard decision to make.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you think the Nytro is getting too close to the Apex in hp, consider an Apex with a 160+ hp. motor and 20 - 40lbs. less weight.[/b]
Pretty much what I would like to see in a new crossover from Yamaha!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
We will know soon enough. LOL Hell I waited 2 years for the so called Hellcat.hahahaa Boy that was a good rumor.LOL

·
Registered
671 Posts
you read right, the apex is gone next year. look for another new chassis/engine. i heard rumor of a limited build turbo sled too, probably a mountain sled though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, ok ,ok I would be shocked if yamaha end's the apex. I went into my local yamaha dealer today and there were no sleds let. Compleatly sold out!! The sales person told me that they sold alot of nytro's along with apex's this year. He also said that the nytro was very popular this year. I guess i'll have to wait until 09 to see if yamaha is going to contiune making the apex. Maybe I should e-mail yamaha and just see what are there plans for the further.

Man O Man I hope they stay with the apex, maybe with 160+ HP

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I would think the Apex/Vector chassis will be around for a while, for sure for the Vector series.

I would understand the Apex getting updated but don't see it going the way of the Nytro-style chassis as the Nytro is for a different type of rider than the Apex rider.

Only time will tell!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
In lower Michigan dealers didn't order many 2008 sleds because of left overs. Many ordered a few Nitros and thier still available. I think they look nice but feel like a Rev. I'm just not comfortable on the Rev's like the millions who are!! I ran a couple of Nitro's and was suprised to stay with them out of the gate and pull out mid range. Not bragging but there not as fast as people say and they are in the 600 class.

2,329 Posts
If you think the Nytro is getting too close to the Apex in hp, consider an Apex with a 160+ hp. motor and 20 - 40lbs. less weight.[/b]
They are getting alot closer than most people think,mine dyno'd at 142 hp stock, 145 with a muffler swap & the weight difference also comes into play. A little gearing & clutch work & it should walk all over a stock apex.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Apex stays for sure. There may be some improvements, but there is no better sled to ride the big Canadian trails with than an Apex. The FX Nytro is a totally different machine. Sure it can be ridden on the big trails, but that is not where it shines the most. The bottom line is the Apex is not the FX Nytro and the FX Nytro is not the Apex. Yamaha needs both.

·
Registered
458 Posts
the apex is a gear reduced motor

vs the nytro that is not

considering the torque output... the nytro will not stand a chance racing the APEX....

there are alot of races on you tube if you don't believe.

the apex still rapes the nytro in a race.

i think apex will get a new name. some change's 160/175 HPs mmm thats my guess hope :)

cheers
Warts

2,329 Posts
the apex is a gear reduced motor

vs the nytro that is not

considering the torque output... the nytro will not stand a chance racing the APEX....

there are alot of races on you tube if you don't believe.

the apex still rapes the nytro in a race.

i think apex will get a new name. some change's 160/175 HPs mmm thats my guess hope :)

cheers
Warts[/b]
You could be rite?? I havent run againt an apex yet, I have however lined up with a new 800xp & its anybody's game until about 85-90 & then the xp gets bye me ,but not by much .I cant wait to get it back from the dynoray he figures another 30-40 hp easily once he's done.reg pump fuel87 octane/no turbo or super charger either. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I heard that they were going with a lighter chassis and putting in a 160hp motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would beleive there is no way that they are getting rid of the apex especially the mtn, maybe a new lighter weight one, My reasoning is that the apex motor that is 150hp has way more potential for mods such as horespower with the five valve per cylinder design. The nytro maybe be close stock and still close when they both have turbos but when you start adding more boost the nytro motor falls short. It is easy enough to lose weight off the apex I have shed 87 lbs off mine with different suspension and a few other things, where my buddies have shed well over the 100lbs mark off theirs so I would think the Apex is safe, well at least the Apex Mtn is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts