Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I absolutely love my sled, but every time I go out it breaks down. I have 250 miles and have been down
4 times!!!! 1-cylinder, 1-piston, 1-voltage regulator, 1-digital display, many updates and still I went out this last weekend
and it quit again!!!! I haven't heard from the dealer to see what happened this time. If there is anyone
from Arctic Cat on these sites, please let me know what I should do with this situation. I have a F7 sno-pro.
It's a 2-1/2 hour drive to my dealer, I even had to take a loaner from the dealership over my Christmas
holidays because mine was in the shop!!! :( :( I JUST WANT TO RIDE!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the support guys, I just want to ride.

The worst part is I know how great this sled is when it's working. They are SIMPLY THE BEST!!!

I just don't get to enjoy it that often!!!! :( :(

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Seriously, I think they owe you a new sled. You are one of those rare exceptions and I really hate to hear that! I really am sorry and I would try and talk to your dealer or write a letter to AC.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did send a letter to Cat yesterday!!!

Thanks for the support Nick!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:( this is a follow up, mag side destroyed, dealer has no idea, we have sent
the computer to Arctic Cat to see if they can find anything out, NO SLED
AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!!!! THAT SUX!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I feel for ya...i expected that to happen to mine...on the inside of the hood was "9-13-02" in white grease pencil...built on Friday (bad...who wants to work hard on a friday...) and it happened to be Friday the 13th...(the double whammy, in my book!)...hence the nickname 'Jason'...Anyways, so far *knock on wood* it's been flawless. Best of luck in getting her fixed up for good man!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rare exceptions, NOT I have 2 pistons, 1 jug, 1 pipe, 1 fuel pump, 1 pull cord, 1 oil sensor, 1 airbox with rub through holes, and all the updates and under 500 miles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:( UPDATE: Sent computer to ARCTIC CAT for inspection, no sled again this weekend!!!!

Maybe this will fix it, 4 rides--- 4 times to the dealer.

If there is anyone from AC on this site please let me know what my next
action shouldbe-- a F6 with them picking up the tab for the difference????

JUST WANT TO RIDE!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by dallief7@Jan 17 2003, 04:26 PM
ROB!!!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dallas
your dealer sent the ecu to the factory so that they can determine the temperatures that it was run at. The general idea is that problems are coming from guys continuing to operate their sleds after the temp light is flashing. It is possible that sometimes the light might not even be seen in bright sunlight. The factory can tell how hot it got and how often it happened. Hopefully this will give insight into your problems. Please try and be patient, however personally I would ask your dealer for a loaner sled during the downtime.

Keep us informed as to what happens :mellow:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the response Rob. The temp light has never came on, I watch it very close because now I'm
paranoid. I'll let you know next week as to what AC says!!!!

Dallas

·
Registered
534 Posts
TWO MORE FIRECATS stopped running, cut weekend short.

I'm not sure what the story is going to be about our sleds, but we had two F7's NOT START this weekend. I had 4 days off and drove 400 miles north to Newberry to pull the cord have the sled run for 20 seconds, die and then. . . nothing. My friends F7 died also. His ran about 1 to 2 minutes before dying. These sleds ran the weekend before and have always run. It was cold 5 degrees out and we didn't have our tanks full of fuel (had about 5 gallons in each tank.)

Now what I'm wondering about is could it be that there is a bunch of Ethynol fuel being dumped on us by different dealers and we don't even know it. Could it be that many people are running their Firecats with the switch on for normal fuel, but running Ethynol. If that's the case, then everyone is going to be in for a long winter without sledding.

Just some questions regarding the different rash of burndowns that is happening. What would the symptoms of a sled be if it was run on the wrong fuel? Would it just stop working or would it burn down?

We looked at my friends Sno-Pro F7 to insure the pistons weren't scuffed. Took off the exhaust pipe and the pistons looked new, unscuffed and without any wear.

I pulled my plugs (original break in plugs were still in it), the plugs looked fouled.

We thought it might be bad gas since it happened to both our sleds Friday Morning with the outside temporature at 5 degrees F. We put half a can of dry gas into each tank as each tank had 5 to 6 gallons of gas in them. Also it's important to note that the sleds seemed to RUN FINE when we first started them. Could it be that the GAS in the fuel line was GOOD, but something in the tank caused us to have a problem. Was our gas at fault? Condensation in the tank? Opinions.

The sleds were sitting outside under covers in the cold morning air. My friend sled kind of trys to run it will run very rough and if he hold the throttle down a bit after it has been running for a while the sled will start to rev up to some midrange RPM range (like 4500) and want to either run at that speed (but not with power) or idle and miss and stall.

We changed the fuel on my friends sled, warmed the thing up (if you can call it that) and ran all the bad fuel out of the sled. We even pulled the sled into a heated trailer and put heater hoses pointing into the open hood and warmed the sled up in a 70 degree trailer for about 40 minutes before trying to run it again. Still the sled runs rough and mine won't even run.

Net weekend outing: 800 miles of driving in the truck, 0 miles on both Firecats.

Yikes. When it ran (the first 500 miles) we loved them. Now we are wondering what's up.

Greg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure what the problem would be Greg. Mine always started even with the puffed engines!!!!
I hope Arctic Cat are reading these things and are going to help us out. We all love our sleds, now we
just want to ride them!!!!

Good-Luck Greg.

dt

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey dallief7 what was the reason behind the voltage regulator replacement?what kind of problems did you have?Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
snopro, my whole instrument cluster quit and then further down the trail it went into limp home mode, I
made it home took it to the dealer and they said it was the voltage regulator and that seemed to fix it,
oh for about 24 more miles when I puffed it for the second time!!! Hope that helps!!!

dt

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:angry: :angry: :angry: JUST AN UPDATE!!!! Computer still at Cat!!!
No word yet, no sled again this weekend!!! It's time for Cat to step up
to the plate and do something about this. VERY DISCOURAGED CAT FREAK!!!
:( :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
336 Posts
:wacko: To say the least Dallie, you must be frustrated. But, I've got this line of thinking--with buying a sled in it's first production year, things may go wrong. AC should get you a different sled though, obviously this one is lemon material. I love mine. The only thing I've had go wrong is the temp light. And, that only happend in minimal snow conditions. I hope that everything turns out okay for you. It's a bummer to have to sit on the sidelines and not join the game.

Hang in there! B)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts