Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told to remove this cover as it restricts air movement and was installed for noise level reductions only. Does everone remove this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was told by my brother who is a parts manager for a Ski-Doo dealer to remove the plastic. He said it makes life alot easier for the belt. He did say though to put a fine mesh screen over the hole in the clutch side pannel door because he said if you're playing in the powder, they've had incadents were a big shot of snow has gone in and got the belt wet, causing it to glaze. I did it to mine, and I ride with 7 other Revs with it done to them. Don't be surprised if you smell your belt with the cover off. It's normal. The cover just seemed to keep the smell in before.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I took mine off when I read about it, and believe me it does make a difference, it seems to be cooler, better response and definately a better down shift and up shift in the corners. By the way, no problems doing this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Any pictures of what you are removing[/b]
If you can see your clutch and secondary like in this pic your cover has been removed already.There are 4 rivets you have to drill out and plastic cover will come off.Its that easy.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
rip it off. i also remove the tool case and put it in the trunk, then throw the plastic holder in the trash. that helps keep air flow better, and also pushed more hot air out the foot well keeping your foot warmer and melting snow build up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
took them off my 05 800 gade and the wife's 04 600 sdi, both run cooler, put those fine mesh screen covers on the vents to keep the snow out and the air coming in. No clutch problems at all and the wife didn't notice any extra noise difference and don't think she even knows what I did!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
rip it off. i also remove the tool case and put it in the trunk, then throw the plastic holder in the trash. that helps keep air flow better, and also pushed more hot air out the foot well keeping your foot warmer and melting snow build up.[/b]

resulting in a wet left boot, every ride i go with my buddys 07 summit rev 800 totally soaks his left foot. hes always like listen to this squash squash when he walks around!!! but better belt life saves the $$$!

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
resulting in a wet left boot, every ride i go with my buddys 07 summit rev 800 totally soaks his left foot. hes always like listen to this squash squash when he walks around!!! but better belt life saves the $$$![/b]
nope, no wet foot here, i have never had an issue.
the snow kicks up a tad into the foot wells in the deep stuff, but it melts it faster and just drips threw so your boot never gets wet. atleast on my sled, my girsl blizz, my buddys gade, his wifes 500ss and his doughters 500ss (think that all i did it to lol)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine went into the circular file as soon as I got it home.
I G/F came into the garage and just shook her head and made a comment your all ready tearing it apart and you haven't even rode it yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts