Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

I have previously studded my F7 with 102 Fast Trac 1.075 studs and fastrac Air Lite round backers using the Woodys stud pattern. I want to put put 150 studs on now and have looked at the stud pattern (Woodys) and now to stud it to 150 every second lug has four studs placed in it.

My question is

#1 Is it crucial that the studs go as per the template. I know not to stud the middle or outer of the track. But I believe the template is for Woodys studs that have a smaller diameter head. My Fast Tracs have a 1 " head and the Woodys are 15/16" I believe. If I go by the template the heads on my studs will overlap. NOT WHAT YOU WANT..... Right? So it is possible to move them a bit with no problems????

#2 Is it alright to place the Airlite Plastic backers side by side so they pretty well touch each other, or should go with double backers here? The only problem is that I will have to change all my backers to match because they are plastic and red, I believe they do not make red round double plastic backers.

Hopefully you guys can understand what I am saying here. Any comments or experiences are appreciated.

Bryan

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the same problems. bought singles but needed doubles. Ok this is waht you wanna do:

1. Put the inner most stud in from the double backer part of the patern. Then once you have your sled studded w/ all but the "second stud in the double pattern".
2. Bore one of your backers out so you can use it as a template.
3. Just set it next so the side is touching the already installed backer and drill while holding the backer wher eyou want it
4. finish installing and it'll just be over hardly ever so slightly.

I have round backers w/ fast tracs also and it doesnt even look bad side by side w/ 2 rounds. Mine work fine

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good luck with the plastic backers, I had 153 put in at the dealer and I lost, broke and cracked them every time I went out so after putting new ones on a few times my dealer said we better not run plastic anymore, have not lost one yet, I have a snowprotrack

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
No reason that you can't put backers side by side. Just remember if you go this route and then decide you would rather change to double backers instead, the holes may not line up. Two woodys singles next to each other are about 1/4 inch farther spaced apart than the two holes in a double backer.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sabercat, are you talking about the plastic backer/nut combinations, or the plastic backers with metal nuts? I have used the plastic backers with metal nuts on 2 SRX's, and my 02 XC and haven't lost a single stud. ALot of rock riding on those sleds unfortunatley.

Now the plastic nut/washer combo, thats another story.

Bill

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Speedwerx

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.

Like I said I have already studded 102 on my sled with Fast Tract Studs and Backers using the Woodys Template. I am going to have to put the next 48 on the inside of the existing studs so the plastic backers touch each other. The new studs will be every other lug. It gets a little close on the center ones but I think i will be OK.

Tell you how it works out.

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts