Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hoping sooner than later. While Polaris is facing supply shortages. I think it was just their turn to have an article published about issues. Have the article I think was written on info from last year. All we can do is hope!

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,423 Posts
So that article explains why they are building XC chassis sleds with the 600 first.... parts are available on hand for those.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
makes me glad i grabbed the 21 leftover when i did. all studded up and through the first part of break in. as long as stickdude's ski dog shows i will be ready

·
Registered
519 Posts
I read that article last week and a "aw crap" feeling came over me, quality built sled...not sure? Also, this paragraph didn't give me a warm fuzzy. Was really looking forward to the 7S display, hope it doesn't get glitchy with the substituted chips.

Polaris said it devised workarounds to ease the company’s reliance on the hardest-to-get components, including semiconductor chips used in vehicle gauges. The company said its engineers redesigned the gauges on the fly to operate with different chip sets that are more readily available than the chips the company had been using.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
I read that article last week and a "aw crap" feeling came over me, quality built sled...not sure? Also, this paragraph didn't give me a warm fuzzy. Was really looking forward to the 7S display, hope it doesn't get glitchy with the substituted chips.

Polaris said it devised workarounds to ease the company’s reliance on the hardest-to-get components, including semiconductor chips used in vehicle gauges. The company said its engineers redesigned the gauges on the fly to operate with different chip sets that are more readily available than the chips the company had been using.
They're probably having to go with other than the lowest cost bidder.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If we will get our 22 Spring Order Matryx sleds Nov.1, Dec.1, Jan. 1 or later?

View attachment 2121618
We should all be grateful to be living in a world where (computerized) manufacturing technology allows a builder like Polaris to switch relatively seamlessly between product lines in very short order. This would not have been possible 40 years ago. Covid has served up lemons, Polaris (and others) is making lemonade

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Some folks will get them in February, and Polaris will give you an extra year of warranty to make up for it.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I don’t want mine till end of hunting season here or at earliest end of November anyway. So my luck is it won’t be dec. it will be September. I hate when they come in early November.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Its the main reason I ordered a doo this year. Last year my dealer had almost all of his doo's in before he got his 2nd Matryx. And this year parts are more scarce and orders are way up so what do you think is going to happen? The riding season was hardly 2 months long last winter... can't sit half of it out. I was at my dealer today and he already had one Indy 600 SP in. It was a snow check; he's not getting any floor models.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Its the main reason I ordered a doo this year. Last year my dealer had almost all of his doo's in before he got his 2nd Matryx. And this year parts are more scarce and orders are way up so what do you think is going to happen? The riding season was hardly 2 months long last winter... can't sit half of it out. I was at my dealer today and he already had one Indy 600 SP in. It was a snow check; he's not getting any floor models.
My dealer said Skidoo cancelled his demo Mach Z's. Cant get engines.

·
Registered
2022 SBA Matryx 146
325 Posts
You're gonna be waiting longer for a Doo this year. Remember Quebec is still shut down and has limits on gathering sizes. Factory's and all their suppliers cannot work at full capacity right now.... This is all besides the parts shortages. Good luck

·
Registered
465 Posts
You're gonna be waiting longer for a Doo this year. Remember Quebec is still shut down and has limits on gathering sizes. Factory's and all their suppliers cannot work at full capacity right now.... This is all besides the parts shortages. Good luck
What about a Lynx? Assembled and shipped from Finland....

·
Registered
2022 SBA Matryx 146
325 Posts
What about a Lynx? Assembled and shipped from Finland....
God only knows? Who ordered a lynx? I gotta believe they would be ok simply from the limited sleds they are building compared to Poo and Doo...Limited models, limited colors, limited quantities.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts